An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mental Health Practitioner to join a highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team. You will work in collaboration with Bury Council Homelessness and the Housing Options Service to provide wrap around mental health support as required with a partnership approach.
Main duties of the job
You will assess, risk manage and provide short term support for people experiencing mental health difficulties and appropriately refer on and signpost all patients who need assessment and / or follow up from mental health services.
You will work as part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, working in collaboration with partner agencies to ensure a person centered approach is provided to meet the service users need
Job description Job responsibilities
To triage referrals made into the single point of entryTo make onward referral to the most appropriate service to meet the individual needs of the service user following triage.To carry out a thorough assessment of the service users mental health problems and individual needs, identifying and managing risk.To develop individualised care plans for service users with mental healthproblems,To work in collaboration with Bury Council Homelessness and Housing Options services to prevent homelessness and tenancy sustainabilityTo identify the need for protection in line with safeguarding children and the Protection of Vulnerable Adult Policy and to comply with statutory obligations.To liaise and negotiate with other professions, statutory and independentagencies to ensure the best practice To evaluate systematically and record,outcomes of mental health assessments, adapting care on the basis of theseoutcomes.To involve family and carers in the assessment and care planning with service users consent.To provide education and appropriate self-help resources to patients specific to individual needs.To maintain accurate and up to date clinical documentation on all service user contacts, ensuring confidentiality at all times.To develop a thorough understanding of deliberate self-harm, suicide andpossible management strategies.To possess a sound knowledge of issues surrounding violence and aggression and to be able to diffuse potentially difficult and volatile situations.To contribute to the establishment and review of policies, procedures andpractice guidelines relating to the work of the Access and Crisis Service and the interface between primary, secondary and specialist Mental Health Services.To provide advice and information to non-mental health trained medical and nursing staff regarding the management of patients with mental health problems.To undertake evidence based practice.To observe and practice within the legal requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983.To maintain professional awareness by keeping abreast of changing trends in clinical / professional practice
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist with current registration with professional body
- Substantial experience as a senior mental health practitioner
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of local social and healthcare services and ability to navigate systems and pathways into services
- Awareness of NICE guidance in the treatment of mental health problems and knowledge of treatment and interventions appropriate for individuals with mental health needs
- Understanding of current mental health legislation, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Knowledge of psychosocial assessment and risk assessment / management process
- Understanding of wider issues impacting upon homelessness, ? Awareness of risk assessment processes ? Knowledge of national substance misuse strategy (i.e. Models of Care, DANOS) ? Application Form ? Interview AFC 18/1/22 JME-007-22 Mental Health Housing Practitioner Band 6 and the barriers facing people with multiple and complex needs and challenges involved with rough sleeping
- Knowledge of national substance misuse strategy (i.e. Models of Care, DANOS)
- Skills in planning, delivery and evaluation of training
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.