Occupational TherapistAdult Learning Disabilities Occupational Therapy Team
Post: 30 Hours per Week
Working across Learning Disability in-patient wards
We require a highly motivated individuals to join our specialist adult learning disabilities team.
Main duties of the job
The post holders will take an active role in the provision of specialist Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions in the Black Country in-patient wards. With the support of Senior Occupational Therapy staff, these posts offer the opportunity to develop therapeutic skills in specialist interventions including group work, forensic rehab, complex behavioural support, development of occupational performance, sensory integration.
Experience of working with people who have a learning disability and/or mental health needs is essential to the posts, along with a keen interest in supporting individuals to develop and maintain their skills.
In return, the Occupational Therapy service has a well-established supervision structure and offers a range of training/CPD opportunities including access to Trust and regional development groups.
Newly qualified staff are required to undertake a 12 month preceptorship programme.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please note, Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust and Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust have merged together as one organisation to create Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust from 1st April 2020. Our aim as one trust is to provide sustainable, high quality, accessible and responsive services. Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving. We are really excited by this opportunity and hope that you are too, we look forward to you expressing an interest in working joining us.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification or for more information about this post please contact Helen McCarthy, Occupational Therapy Team Lead Telephone number: 0121 543 4000 or email: email@example.com
Person Specification Education and Qualification Essential
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent overseas qualification
- HCPC registered
- Member of professional body
- Member of special interest group
- Experience of working with adults with a diagnosed learning disability and/or mental health condition
- Experience of working in an in-patient setting
- Knowledge and application of Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention in a learning disablity setting
- Understanding and a commitment to working within the multi-disciplinary team
Skills and Personal Qualities Essential
- Ability to work under supervision using own initiative
- Commitment and enthusiasm to the continue development of Occupational Therapy
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.