An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic nurse to lead and manage an expanding multi disciplinary team in the Tier 2 Adult Eating Disorders Service in CTMUHB. This is a new post and a fantastic opportunity to develop not only leadership skills, but also clinical skills in this specialty.
The Team Leader will be supported by the Senior Nurse and the Clinical Lead and will be instrumental in developing this recovery focussed service and improving the quality of care for adults with an eating disorder, their carers and families. Training and supervision will be provided to develop your expertise in this field.
The Post holder will also benefit from peer support from other Band 7 team leaders and ward managers and, have opportunities to network with colleagues in Eating Disorder Services regionally and nationally. This service has close links with mental health services across CTMUHB and with the third sector. There are established pathways with Tier 3 services and transition services in neighbouring health boards.
If you are looking for a new challenge; a role with variety and endless opportunities to make a difference to both colleagues and those who use our services, please contact us for an informal discussion. We'd love to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
The post offers the opportunity to develop skills in management, leadership and partnership working, as well as maintaining clinical skills and developing experience in eating services.
The successful applicant will work in the Bridgend locality. There will also be opportunity to collaborate with the other ED services and professional leads across Wales, to ensure that learning is shared and service development is coordinated across the country
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Qualifications and/or Knowledge Essential
- Registered Mental Health nurse
- Evidence of post- registration continuing professional development activity
- Ability to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge and awareness of current evidence base relevant to the area of practice
- Sound working knowledge of the legal and policy framework underpinning mental health provision e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, National Service Frameworks, Mental Health Measures
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for children and adults
- Relevant degree level qualification
- Evidence of achievement in clinical practice within the area of speciality e.g. adult mental health, older person's mental health.
- Management experience.
- Ward/Team management experience
- Teaching experience
Aptitude and Abilities Essential
- Organisational ability and time management skills
- Clinical assessment and formulation skills
- Presentation skills
- People management and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keyboard/word processing skills
- Ability to present information clearly
- I.T. skills
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Resilient and self-motivated with drive and vision
- Able to work on own initiative and manage a range of priorities across competing agendas
- Ability to display care, compassion and understanding to patient group
- Ability to work under pressure
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.