These posts are subject to National NHS T&Cs, paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during nights, weekends and bank holidays and we offer a Golden Hello payment of £2,750 to new starters with the Trust in this role (payable in instalments over a 2 year period)
The Trust provides a large range and diversity of adult secure services in the East Midlands as well as secure services in South Yorks and Bassetlaw, Wathwood Hospital. The Division is in a unique position of providing its services across the full care pathway for several patient groups requiring forensic care. It is therefore part of two New Care Model programmes that aim to provide better support in the community and reduce reliance on secure beds to improve outcomes for service users and their families. The portfolio of High, Medium and Low Secure services are grouped as follows and include:
Services are delivered from a number of sites including:
Main duties of the job
- High Secure inpatient beds at Rampton Hospital;
- Medium Secure inpatient beds at Arnold Lodge & Wathwood Hospital
- Low Secure inpatient beds at The Wells Road Centre
- Community Forensic Services;
- Integrated Offender Health Services
- Liaison with the Criminal Justice System in Nottinghamshire.
The Offender Health Directorate is one of the largest and most successful providers of prison healthcare in the UK. The Directorate provide physical, mental health and substance misuse healthcare services in prisons across the East Midlands, Lincolnshire & Leicestershire.The Directorate provides healthcare to 7 Prisons for a prison population of over 10 000. You are part of a large peer group of 400+ healthcare professionals with access to peer support, supervision and excellent opportunities for learning and development.We are committed to working in partnership with prison services, other healthcare providers and our criminal justice system partners to improve health, support justice to reduce re-offending behaviour. The Offender Health Team truly believes it can make a difference to the lives of offenders by offering consistent, high quality care in primary, mental health and substance misuse services that are equivalent to health services delivered outside of Prison. About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference? Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcare
These posts are subject to National NHS Terms and Conditions, paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during nights, weekends and bank holidays and we offer a Golden Hello payment of £2,750 (payable in instalments over 2 years) to new starters with the Trust in this role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for people who share our values
- We are non-judgmental
- We are caring
- We have integrity
- We put the patient first
- We are committed to team work
- We are proud to work for the NHS
Do you share these values ? If so , read on
We expect you entered the healthcare profession as you wanted to have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and lifestyles of a group of people who have often neglected their own mental health and well-being.Healthcare at HMP Gartree gives you the opportunity to make this difference to a group of people who traditionally have had high psychiatric and social morbidity but have also faced multiple barriers to accessing appropriate healthcare.
Working at HMP Gartree, in South Leicestershire, you will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team who provide integrated healthcare (physical healthcare, mental health and substance misuse services) to around 700 men. The mental health team at HMP Gartree consists of a psychiatrist, Band 6 and band 5 mental health nurses, IDD nurses, assistant psychologist and a wellbeing practitioner.
The directorate provides healthcare to seven Prisons and one Immigration Removal Centre in the counties of Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire. As such you are part of a large peer group of 400+ healthcare professionals with access to appropriate peer support, supervision and excellent opportunities for learning and development. HMP Gartree is also a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrist Quality Network.
As a result of some new and ongoing developments at HMP Gartree you will also have the opportunity to help shape and determine the future of healthcare to this patient population. These developments include:
- A well-being centre to provide enhanced support to those who are mentally unwell as well as to provide individual and group psychological and social therapies to those with personality disorders , prolific self-harm and those burdened by consequences of acute or developmental trauma.
- A mental health peer support service
- Multidisciplinary complex patient management
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust enjoys a good reputation as an employer offering applicants the opportunity of an interesting role in a developing and stimulating environment but also with access to a range of established terms and conditions of service and access to continuing professional development and access to NHS pension scheme. Additional developmental opportunities are available across a wide range of Trust services that include Rampton Hospital, Arnold Lodge and Wathwood Medium Secure Units, Wells Road Centre low secure unit, Criminal Justice and Liaison services as well as a range of mental health and learning disability services and a variety of specialist services.
If you dont believe us ask the people that work here:
Its the most varied job role I have had so far and you have the opportunity to gain skills in working with a wide range of presentations (Secondary Mental Illness and Primary Mental Health). You can gain skills in psychological interventions and the Trust is moving towards an increase in delivering these. As its a long term prison there is the time to complete effective interventions prior to release or transfer. There is the opportunity to get involved in lots of service development initiatives. Its an exciting time to be at Gartree due to the Wellbeing Centre being set up as well as the expansion of the service. This is an opportunity to have an input into the care and interventions patients at Gartree receive. I have found offender health to be extremely supportive and encouraging in clinical and professional development. Band 6 RMN HMP Gartree. Our DBS check is free, you have no fees to pay!
If you still arent sure whether this is for you - get in touch anyway and come and see for yourself .Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Free DBS for all appointees
- Free parking on site at HMP Gartree
- A prison Governor and Senior Team, committed to partnership working with healthcare
- CPA systems and processes
- An understanding of deliberate self-harm.
- An understanding of Personality Disorders.
- Local and National strategies including issues relevant to the Immigration Estate
- Knowledge and/or experience of the ACCT process
- IT skills including Word, Excel and electronic patient record systems
- Experience in child and adult safeguarding procedures
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective problem solving and decision making.
- Evidence of effective and appropriate documentation.
- Ability to engage with and develop a rapport with the client group.
- Evidence of working as part of a multi- disciplinary team
- A genuine interest in working with this client group and in Offender Mental Health related issues
- Experience of working in Mental Health Services.
- Experience of prioritising patients with a range of mental health issues.
- Experience of working effectively within a MDT/interagency working
- Effective case management/care planning skills.
- Supervision and appraisal of staff
- Forensic and/ or prison/or criminal justice nursing experience.
- Previous experience working within an Immigration setting
- First level registered nurse Mental Health
- Non medical prescriber
- Mentor and Assessor
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.