Are you a Band 5 ready for your next challenge or an emerging Band 6 looking for a change? Would you like to explore a more rewarding clinical and managerial challenge? This could be your perfect opportunity. Main duties of the job
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work as an autonomous clinician, providing specialist assessment and treatment of occupational dysfunction.
You will hold supervisory responsibility for others, and take a leadership role in specific projects. An integral part of this role will be supporting student education within the team.About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Across our 11 different service lines, we have evidence-based established models of care to ensure we provide the highest quality care and support.
Our dedicated and expert teams of over 10 000 employees, support over 2800 individuals in a range of services across England, Scotland and Wales. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care, through co-production, recovery and rehabilitation.
With over 150 Occupational Therapists, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesAre you a confident Band 6 Occupational Therapist who would like to explore a more rewarding clinical challenge in Forensic Mental Health? Are you ready to develop your clinical skills and join a friendly and supportive team of OTs and OTAs who are driven to provide excellence?
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether its saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure or securing your future with professional development and a pension we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day. Post:
Full time Occupational Therapist (37.5 hours) Salary:
£38,000 per annum Base:
Cygnet Stevenage Tiffany ward - Female Low secure Responsible for:
- 15 service users
- Supervision of an OTA
Head of OT and Regional Lead OT Hours:
37.5 hours per week Location:
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage, Gravely Road, Stevenage, Herts SG1 4YS Overview of site:
The hospital has a wide range of therapeutic resources so that service users can develop their skills in a bespoke environment. This includes a Recovery College, ADL kitchen, a gym, therapeutic garden, football pitch, brand new music production studio and many other therapeutic spaces. Service users are encouraged to extend their community skills with easy transport links from the hospital, and a thriving town in which to extend their skills.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service users diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly. You will be an integral member of the Multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and OT dept whilst working autonomously with the support of an OTA. The MDT wrap around the service to support the individuals in our care throughout their journey with us to capture and manage risk and relapse in community settings.
The team consists of nurses, psychologists, psychology assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, social workers and psychiatrists as well as 24/7 support from the nursing team. This means that we are able to meet the changing needs of our service users as they progress through their care pathway, while ensuring their safety is maintained and their independence supported.
If you feel you suit the criteria, then please make an application today. For an informal discussion about the role please contact our in house recruiter Lisandra Ferreira on 07384 893 585.
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few. 5 reasons why you should make an application today
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills, including sensory integration training and leadership and management training
- You will be an integral part of a large, well established MDT with extensive experience to draw from
- Dedicated CPD time being part of a national network of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- You will be a part of a friendly and supportive team of 5 OT, 5 OTAs and a tutor who are driven to provide excellence and where innovation and creativity are welcomed with enthusiasm.
In return we will offer you:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- RCOT Membership
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a hands on approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
- Experienced in the field of adult mental health
- Currently working as a band 5 or 6 and looking for a new challenge
- A competitive salary
- Free parking and free meals for staff on duty
- Free circuit training sessions with a PT, Zumba classes and access to hospital gym
- Access to new music production studio
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership & Management, and Sensory Integration.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert clinical supervision from Regional Lead and peer support
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Employee referral scheme: recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- Group pension: a generous pension plan helping you save for your future.
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card - includes big brand discounts.
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Plus much more...
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
SG1 4YSEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.