Try something innovative
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve within the Forensic Directorate
. Enabling our patients with mental health needs to receive a truly integrated & holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge & expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Specialising in the management & treatment of mental health needs of offenders and those who present a risk to the public, offering bespoke pathways to recovery, within an environment which is safe & focused on rehabilitation & community re-integration, the hospital have established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care. It is a very exciting time in Forensic services and you could be part of it
- Selected as one of 4 pilots Nationally to deliver a new care model through a core partnership between the three secure care providers in the West Midlands, working together to build on current good practice, bring together the best of what we do across organisations & create opportunities to develop new, innovative solutions to respond to challenges raised in the Five Year Forward View.
- This partnership uses the freedoms of two highly performing NHS Foundation Trusts & the agility of the independent sector.
- As a Proven Secure Services Provider we work collaboratively with a strong value base.
- We demonstrate excellence in practice, robust awareness, clear oversight, & solid procedural measures, with high standards of safety & security for our service users, staff & visitors.
- Working alongside patients, carers, advocacy groups & local communities, we have a strong focus on physical health & reducing health inequality.
- Our Clinical Strategy is built on strong customer focus, high quality service delivery & business development.
- We are proud of our clinical excellence & reputation consistently rating highly across all services in Quality Network Peer review.
- Our services are based on strong clinical models & ensure the patient is central to our plans.
- To ensure & protect our future viability, we aim to add to our portfolio of services, we offer a broad range educational, vocational, & therapeutic opportunities.
Our highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses & therapists, deliver personalised treatment programmes & a range of therapies.
You will be an experiencedHealth Care Support Worker who is flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated & interested in working within a modern, forward thinking & effective specialist service. You will be a key member of our multi-disciplinary teams, adopting a pro-active & therapeutic approach to care management within a supportive & healing environment.
The successful candidate will undertake & manage direct patient care, having participated fully in the assessment, planning & evaluation of care needs. Undertaking the delivery of care, including individual & group sessions to agreed quality standards as prescribed by internal procedure & health legislation. You should be prepared to work in an environment that can be very challenging, but also very rewarding.
You will be professional at all times & conduct your duties with care, consideration & kindness towards others which are in line with our Trust Values. What you need
- Good working knowledge of CQC standards;
- An effective communicator with the ability to engage with our service users to understand their needs to provide excellent services of care;
- The ability to build & maintain excellent working relationships with external care professionals & families to be customer focused & to continually develop the services we provide;
- Promote ownership of care programmes by fully involving service users & their families in developing, agreeing & evaluating programmes of care;
- It is essential to be Health & Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users & colleagues
In return we will support and facilitate your development in this role through supervision & a personal development plan tailored to your needs, experience & personal/professional goals. With all of this opportunity on offer, why go anywhere else? The Redwoods Centre
Located in the heart of theShropshire countryside with easy access to Manchester to the north and Birmingham to the south, Shrewsbury is the county town.
TheRedwoods site is less than 10 minute drive from theA5 with plenty of free car parking. Shrewsbury train station is approximately a 15-20 minute walk from the Redwoods’ site & the hospital is well served by local bus services.
Close to the centre of the county town with an array of local shops & amenities, with your high street favourites.
Shropshire house prices are very competitive by national standards. The range & choice of housing in the County is extensive, & more importantly affordable. Whether renting or buying there is a fabulous home to be found in Shropshire. Within the County, there is a vast range of housing to suit all tastes: from modern prestige developments to Victorian & pre-war houses in leafy lanes. Bustling towns, attractive suburbs & peaceful rural villages within easy travelling distance of each other make Shropshire an ideal place to make your home.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.