Are you a HCPC registered Occupational Therapist ?
Are you a motivated, flexible and enthusiastic individual?
Do you value making a difference to people residing in their own homes?
Do you enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary and multiagency team?
If you've answered YES to these questions, then we would love to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
The post will be based in Integrated Health and Social Care teams in Cimla Health & Social Care Centre.
The post will provide an opportunity, as part of a multidisciplinary team, to provide rehabilitation to patients and groups of patients in a number of settings, including reablement wards, patients own home and care homes.
The post holder will be required to support therapy input into the exciting new Home First initiative. This post will support people to return home from hospital as soon as they are clinically optimised, allowing them to recover in their own home.
The post holder will need to be able to adopt a flexible approach to work and will also be expected to participate in 7 day working.
We believe staff are our best asset and we want you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward- thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse or doctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - we have a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placements and volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex; religion or belief; race; age; sexual orientation; gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show that our commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery, with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will need to be able to demonstrate significant experience of working within rehabilitation or reablement either within NHS, Social Care or another equivalent community/clinical setting.
Previous therapy experience working within the NHS in elderly care, orthopaedics and medicine, including community, is highly desirable for this role.
The ability to travel independentlybetween sites across the service is also essential so the successful candidate must be able to do this in a timely manner.
The role will also entail using electronic patient records with some administrative responsibilities; thereforegood IT knowledge and competency of using social care and/or healthcare IT systems is essential.
You will be expected to provideprofessional and clinical supervision to less experienced staff, students and support workers.
You will be supported in your role by senior therapists and clinical team leads.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent OT qualification)
- Professional Registration with HCPC
- Membership of professional body BAOT
- Accredited fieldwork supervisor for the education of OT students
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Experience of autonomous caseload management, comprising assessment, planning intervention and evaluation within relevant clinical area
- Understanding of the Occupational Therapy process with particular emphasis on physical conditions.
- Broad knowledge of current best practice in Occupational Therapy with designated client group
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance
- Previous experience of supervising staff
- Experience of research and/ or audit and implementing evidence based practice
Skills and abilities Essential
- Ability to work single-handedly with individuals or groups
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Understanding of team dynamics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
Personal attributes Essential
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the service and prioritise workload appropriately.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.