Are you passionate about female services? Do you have a keen interest in gender and trauma informed care delivery? Are you looking to develop your career in women's services in a mental health inpatient setting? A great opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, suitably qualified, experienced, confident and forward thinking individual to work as a Deputy Ward Manager.
Main duties of the job
You must be able to provide clinical leadership and motivation to develop the existing staff whilst maintaining high professional standards, demonstrating commitment to staff development and patient care.
You will promote and maintain high standards of care whilst supporting and assisting to implement local and national strategies and initiatives.
You will need to possess excellent interpersonal skills, have leadership and staff development skills. A strong commitment to your ongoing professional education and development is essential.
The successful post holder will be expected be able to rotate across the specialty areas and be able to work shifts covering 24 hours, seven days a week.
If you would like to discuss this post further or want to arrange an informal visit please contact:
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
For more details on this vacancy please review the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse qualification
- On-going registration with the NMC.
- Specialist qualification or equivalent level in skills and development
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- Mentorship qualification
- Understanding of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge and practice of Mental Health Act 1983
- Knowledge and practice of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Demonstrate understanding of how research has influenced practice
- Can provide evidence of recent professional/personal development
- An understanding and awareness of the NHS Plan, NSF and other relevant documentation
- Knowledge of common mental health problems and medication used in relation to these
- Knowledge of common physical health conditions
- 2 years post graduate experience
- Supervision and management of staff
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of assessing, planning and implementing and reviewing care needs
- Experienced in acting as a mentor/assessor of student staff
- Experience of CPA
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.