CONSULTANT 10 PA'S EMOTIONAL & BEHAVIOURAL TEAM- NORTH BEDFORDSHIRE
Have you got exceptional clinical skills to support young peoples mental health?
Our vision is to make a positive difference to young peoples lives by providing the highest quality mental health to our local communities, to help them overcome some of lifes challenges.
ELFT have an exciting opportunity for a vibrant Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our CQC rated Outstanding Foundation Trust.
Working from our Bedford based clinic you will be joining a group of dynamic psychiatrists where you can maximise your own individual area of specialist interest within our varied clinical care pathways in Bedfordshire CAMHS.
Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for direct psychiatric assessment, formulation of treatment plans, leading MDT clinical discussions and helping to influence service delivery at SMT forums.
We believe that the costs associated with relocation should not restrict our ability to recruit the staff we need; if you are joining our Trust then we could support you with this by offering up to 10,000 for removal and associated expenses.
The Health Service Journal rated ELFT as one of the best places to work. We are committed to quality improvement programmes for the benefit of our staff, patients and carers.
Applications will be welcomed from candidates included in or eligible for the Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining their CCT.
Closing date: 10/07/2022
AAC panel interview: TBC
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Skills Desirable
- Higher training in a specific psychotherapeutic treatment or modality eg. Family Therapy, CBT, individual or group psychotherapy.
- Experience of managing CYP with eating disorders in acute or community settings
- Commitment to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, academic and clinical
- Experience of teaching in small groups and lecturing
- Familiarity with problem based learning approaches
- Enthusiastic and organised approach to audit and quality assurance
- Training in management skills
- Experience of management of a clinical area
- Experience of service development
- Experience in a research project
- Publication accepted by peer review journals in a relevant academic field
- Meets professional health requirements
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych parts 1&2 or equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion on the specialist register or higher trainee within 6 months of CCT
- Section 12 approved and Approved Clinician status or willing to apply for approval
- Excellent communication skills with a range of different people
- Shows enthusiasm and initiative in pursuing innovation and the highest standards for patients, juniors, colleagues and the organisation
Travel requirements Desirable
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.