Locum Consultant Psychiatrist 6 PA; South Bedfordshire (Luton) based
Have you got exceptional clinical skills to support young people's mental health? Our vision is to make a positive difference to young people's lives by providing the highest quality mental health to our local communities, to help them overcome some of life's challenges. ELFT have an exciting opportunity for a vibrant Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our CQC rated Outstanding Foundation Trust.
Main duties of the job
Working from our South Bedfordshire (Luton) based clinic you will be joining a group of dynamic psychiatrists where you can maximise your own individual area of specialist interest within our varied clinical care pathways in Bedfordshire CAMHS. You will be responsible for direct psychiatric assessment, formulation of treatment plans, leading MDT clinical discussions and helping to influence service delivery at SMT forums. We believe that the costs associated with relocation should not restrict our ability to recruit the staff we need; if you are joining our Trust then we could support you with this by offering up to 10,000 for removal and associated expenses.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
Closing date: 10th July 2022
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy for more details.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych parts 1&2 or equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion on the specialist register or higher trainee within 6 months of CCT
- Section 12 approved and Approved Clinician status or willing to apply for approval
Skills / Abilities Essential
- Possesses an extensive range of clinical knowledge and excellent clinical skills
- Concerned to maintain and develop this knowledge
- Displays sound professional judgement
- Exercises sound clinical risk management
- Sees patients within an holistic context
- Creative in the design and implementation of treatment programmes
- Appreciation and understanding of transcultural and gender issues in psychiatry
- Shows an approach based on critical enquiry and evidence based practice
- Able to balance competing demands and prioritise
- Experience of assessment and managing CYP with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disability in community settings
- Higher training in a specific psychotherapeutic treatment or modality eg. Family Therapy, CBT, individual or group psychotherapy.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills Essential
- Strong leadership and co-ordination skills with ability to direct and organise teams
- Excellent communication skills with a range of different people
- Ability to build effective relationships with patients, families, colleagues and other professionals
- Ability to cope with considerable pressure and adapt to constant change and new demands
- Shows enthusiasm and initiative in pursuing innovation and the highest standards for patients, juniors, colleagues and the organisation
- Experience of teaching in small groups and lecturing
- Commitment to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, academic and clinical
- Familiarity with problem based learning approaches
- Enthusiastic and organised approach to audit and quality assurance
- Ability to operate effectively in a committee
- Training in management skills
- Experience of management of a clinical area
- Experience of service development
- Experience in a research project
- Publication accepted by peer review journals in a relevant academic field
Travel requirements Essential
- Ability to travel to other venues in the community including patients' homes
- Meets professional health requirements
- Adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.