*A £3,000 joining bonus has been applied to this post for any new staff joining the Trust. This incentive is paid as follows; £1,500 upon joining the Trust, £750 after year 1 and £750 after year 2.
As part of the new Mental Health contract awarded to TEWV Health & Justice Services in 2020, we are able to expand recruitment and now looking for Nurses to join the team at HMP Northumberland. HMP Northumberland is large category C prison housing adult male sentenced prisoners.
Main duties of the job
We're looking for experienced nurses to join our team working in a rewarding environment where you will get to practice a full range of psychiatric skills and interventions. Acting as a care coordinator you will make on going assessment of needs reflecting individual circumstances, including risk assessment, providing relevant interventions and coordinating discharge planning. You will be committed to a person-centered approach to your work and will have an ability to prioritise and work flexibly. We are looking for skilled nurses who will thrive working in a busy environment, working alongside our urgent care clinicians and amongst a wider well resourced team of multidisciplinary professionals, as well as alongside partner providers from a variety of internal and external services.
We offer a comprehensive induction and workforce development plan with a vast array of personal, professional and academic training opportunities enabling you to expand your skill set and evidence based practices.
These vacancies include an attractive £3000* welcome bonus!
We offer a healthy relocation package up to £8000.
Job description Job responsibilities
We require the post holders to be committed to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices and reflect the trust values.
We would welcome candidates to contact us to arrange a visit to the prison or an informal discussion.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- RNMH,/RNLD or registered practitioner, current professional registration with NMC or relevant professional body.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education (within agreed timescales)
- Clinical Supervisor (within agreed timescales).
- Recognised sign-off mentor or must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Qualified practitioner in e.g. CBT, DBT, PSI, dual diagnosis etc. (within agreed timescale).
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community setting.
- A good understanding of the Offender Health pathway.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake care co-ordinator responsibilities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.