An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Mental Health Nurse to join the Chesterfield Central Adults Community Mental Health Team.
You will be part of a friendly multi-disciplinary team and be expected to care coordinate a diverse caseload.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a forward thinking practitioner who can work on their own initiative, support junior colleagues and is able to communicate with the wider multi-professional team, families and carers and develop links with non-statutory services.The successful candidate must be fully conversant with all types of mental illness and disorders, risk assessment, have a working understanding of the CPA process and NICE guidance.The successful candidate can expect to work within a friendly, professional and committed team, receive regular supervision and have training opportunities in order to meet revalidation and continued professional development.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities PLEASE NOTE: Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account From 11 November 2021, everyone working in care homes has to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by law to protect residents.
As a provider of services to CQC registered care homes, we shall only employ you if you are fully vaccinated in roles that require you to work in a DHcFT-led core unit or care home setting (unless you are medically exempt). Mandatory vaccination will be part of your terms and conditions of employment (unless an exemption applies)
The post holder will be clinically responsible for supporting the delivery of a flexible, responsive local service within a Neighbourhood.
The post holder will work collaboratively with colleagues, key partners and those within the local community to develop services to meet the mental health needs of the community.
The post holder will communicate with people with a range of mental health needs, to provide and receive complex, sensitive information to people where there are barriers to understanding.
The post holder will employ a wide range of skills, building on and developing their expertise and actively seeking advice and collaboration with issues which may not be readily within their sphere of competence. As a registered practitioner you are professionally and legally accountable under the NMC code of professional practice
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse - mental health
- Degree/ Diploma in Nursing or equivalent experience
- Membership of a nursing professional body.
- ENB 998/Mentoring in Practice
- Demonstrable understanding of Mental Health disorders and treatment models
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of the principles of CPA (Care Programme Approach) where appropriate
- Awareness of Nursing assessments and interventions and outcome measures, relevant to client group
- Ability to travel across a large geographical area without compromising service delivery
- Experience of clinical supervision
- Post graduate experience in community
- Previous community experience - can be as a student
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.