Band 5 CAMHS Nurse - Rotational post for the 1st 12 months
Are you a newly qualified nurse or someone who is looking to change their nursing journey?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our RISE family as a Band 5 Nurse within the specialist mental health services for children and young people across Coventry and Warwickshire
Our mission is to nurture and develop newly qualified/junior nurses in order for them to reach their potential and progress the career ladder within this highly specialist area. This will be done through robust preceptorship, clinical supervision and training
You will be supported by band 6 and 7 nurses to work within the multi-disciplinary team and in the initial 12 months of your post you will spend time with the crisis team, core specialist mental health team, Access and engagement team and eating disorders service .
Main duties of the job Please refer to the attached JD / PS for further information
There is a clear nursing structure and career progression pathway within RISE with opportunities to broaden your experience and development , we are also part of the CYP IAPT initiative and work in partnership with the Reading CYP-IAPT collaborative where we have on going opportunities for further training.
You will hold a caseload of Children and Young People and have the opportunity to work alongside and liaise with other agencies in order to meet the needs of the young person and their family. You will also provide assessments under the supervision of team members of band 6 and above and be part of the ongoing multi agency/ multi-disciplinary discussion and support around the young people you will see. Please note Trust interviews are currently taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FOR FULL DETAILS
Subject to Parliamentary approval, from 1st April 2022 all NHS workers in England who have face to face contact with patients must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Only those with specified medical exemptions will be excluded from this requirement. Please consider this mandatory requirement when applying for this position.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Job description Job responsibilities Please refer to the attached JD / PS for further information Trust Values: Compassion in Action
- We listen, are respectful and respond with empathy, humanity and kindness to the emotions and needs of our patients, service users and carers. Respect for Everyone
- We provide person-centred care and treat everyone with dignity and compassion at all times. We will see each person as unique and valuable. We respect the contribution everyone makes. Seeking Excellence
- We work in partnership with patients, service users and carers to agree and achieve the best possible outcomes. Working Together
- We put patients at the centre of everything we do. We communicate with and involve patients, service users, families, carers, and the communities we serve and respond to their feedback.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse - Mental Health, Learning Disability, Childrens Diploma / Degree holder
- Working towards teaching/mentoring qualification
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of up-to-date legislation in respect CAMHS
- Demonstrate understanding of responsibilities of registered nurse according to NMC codes
- Knowledge and understanding of research and its relationship with practice.
- Knowledge of Valuing People and its application into practice
- Able to understand and contribute to services strategic framework and service visions.
- Highly effective communication and liaison skills.
- Ability to manage own workload under supervision
- Clinically proficient and able to provide direct assistance to clients with complex needs.
- Registered nurse with placement experience in a CAMHS setting
- Experience of working in multi agency teams with multi-disciplinary colleagues.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.