The Psychosis and Bipolar Psychological Care Network (PBPCN) was established in 2015. The Psychosis and Bipolar Psychological Care Network specialises in working with adults above the age of 16 years
We are now looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed colleague to join this well-established team.
The successfully appointed Cognitive Behavioural Therapist/Clinical Psychologist will work as part of a Hub and Spoke team incorporating Clinical Psychologists, Systemic Family Therapist and Cognitive Behavioural Therapists. Therapists in the team are integrated into the locality multi-disciplinary CMHT's.
Main duties of the job
The post will be based within Preston CMHT based at West Strand House although there will be an expectation that the successful candidate may need to offer a service across the whole of the Lancashire footprint, dependent on service demand.
Our team provides a range of specialist psychological services including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Family Interventions. Appointable candidates will require competency and confidence in delivering CBT and a willingness to train in a family intervention model.
Minimum professional qualifications:
Professional Body Qualification: NMC/HCP/BPS
- Qualification in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to post graduate diploma level.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Working towards the above
We want to recruit people to the service who share our values and are confident in their ability to contribute to the demonstrated effectiveness and acceptability of our service.
Staff at Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trustwork to improve lives with a culture based on four corevalues:
We are kind
We are a team
We are respectful
We are always learning
To keep informed of latest trust news and events follow us on twitter@Lscft_jobsand@WeAreLSCFT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details on the role. When completing the supporting information
section of your application, please ensure you show how you meet each of the criteria of the person specification providing illustrative examples where possible; as this is what you will be shortlisted against.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional Qualification AND Qualification in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to post graduate diploma level. OR Doctorate in Clinical Psychology OR Working towards the above
- High-level knowledge of the theory and practice of cognitive behaviour therapy
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Skills in providing advice to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health
- Keyboard skills sufficient to enter data/write reports
- Experience of CBT assessment and treatment of clients in Adult Mental Health.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of clients that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Ability to sustain intense levels of concentration responding and participating as required.
- Ability to self-reflect and use clinical supervision appropriately.
- Ability to cope and deal with highly distressing emotional circumstances.
- Ability to cope with unpleasant working conditions.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.