CNWL is looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated Locum Appointment for Service (LAS) Doctors who are innovative and most essentially, able to work collaboratively with the team. Both posts are full time position and would be excellent for someone wanting to broaden their experience of psychiatry and develop their clinical skills in a supportive and challenging environment. The team is well established with good support from senior clinical and managerial colleagues.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be expected to provide high quality clinical care and contribute to the day to day management of the inpatients across both services, under the supervision of the Responsible Clinician on each ward. A proportion of the patients at Roxbourne Lodge will be detained under the Mental Health Act (usually around a third of the patient population). The majority of patients at Roxbourne House will be under the Mental Health Act. Patients tend to remain on the wards for between six to eighteen months on average. The post-holder's time will be split equally between the two wards.
CNWL (Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust) Rehabilitation Services consist of eleven wards in total; six within Central and North West London and five in Horton, providing a step-down approach within both High Dependency (locked) and Community Rehabilitation (open) settings. The service provides a general rehabilitation service as well as a range of sub-specialist services such as for service users with co-morbidity and challenging behaviours. The service model also comprises a specialist placement team. The service line is unique from other services within the trust, income-generating for up to a third of its core business. This has resulted in a profitable service, with greater autonomy and opportunities to grow within the sector. Admissions are based on suitability assessments and approval by relevant CCGs.
Post 1 Roxbourne Complex, HA2 0UE - Roxbourne House is a sixteen bedded High Dependency Rehabilitation Unit and Roxbourne Lodge is a fourteen bedded Community Rehabilitation Unit. Both are situated on same site of Roxbourne Complex.
Post 2 : Horton Rehabilitation Services, KT19 7HA - The Horton Rehabilitation Service is based in Epsom, Surrey and is well connected to London via the Victoria or Waterloo railway lines. Horton Rehabilitation Service provides a stepped care model of care
Job description Job responsibilities
1. Assessment (including assessment of risk), treatment and management of adults with mental health problems.2. Treatment, using a sound knowledge of the evidence for pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, in accordance with NICE and relevant guidance.3. Formulating psychiatric opinions.4. Full participation in the multidisciplinary team providing care on the ward.5. Review and monitoring patients to ensure discharges are facilitated to maintain patient flow.6. Contribution to care quality through quality improvement (QI) projects and relevant participation in local and Trust wide care quality processes.7. Active involvement in teaching of undergraduate medical students.8. Supervising the clinical work of the trainee and multidisciplinary colleagues.9. Liaison with various services in and outside CNWL.10. Provide support to staff in the different applications of Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act.11. Supporting the MDT team to provide the best clinical care for patients.12. Accurate record keeping according to the Trusts and professional guidelines.13. Supporting the Consultant Psychiatrists in chairing ward rounds, MDT, CPA, professionals and best interest meetings and preparing medical reports for MHA Tribunals/Managers Hearing.
Person Specification Education and Qualifications Essential
- oPrimary Medical Degree
- oFull GMC Registration with Licence to Practise
- Section 12 MHA Approved
- An additional post graduate qualification of relevance to (own specialty)
Experience, Skills and Abilities Essential
- Completion of primary medical qualification and foundation training or equivalent
- Over two years of experience in Psychiatry
- Postgraduate clinical experience working in psychiatry
- Experience of working in the NHS
Personal Skills & Qualities Essential
- oExcellent communication and empathic skills
- oDemonstrable leadership skills
- oExperience of team working
- oEvidence of organisational skills
- oAbility to work on own initiative
- Sickness (or attendance) record that is acceptable to the Trust: to be checked at interview.
- Declared medically fit by the Occupational Health Department to perform the duties of the post
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.