The North Yorkshire IAPT service consists of High Intensity Therapists, PWPs & our Employment Team and the opportunity has arisen for 12 months fixed term, full and part time posts available for enthusiastic and committed High Intensity Therapists (CBT) to join our expanding service.
Are you a qualified High Intensity Therapist (CBT) who wants to be valued and welcomed into a supportive, dynamic and expanding team? Are you passionate about delivering high intensity interventions in line with the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies initiative? You will be an accredited CBT therapist and have completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, or recently qualified and be working towards accreditation in order to apply. Anyone without this qualification will not be considered for interview.
Whilst we are offering remote working currently during the pandemic, this is subject to change and applicants should be committed to offer face to face working in the future within clinics around Harrogate and the surrounding areas.
In the event that permanent funding is secured for this post the successful applicant will be confirmed in post on a permanent basis.
Applicants must ensure that prior to applying they have agreement from their current line manager that they can be released on a secondment basis.
Main duties of the job
As a High Intensity Therapist you will be working with clients who have a range of anxiety and depression related problems for which CBT is demonstrated to be clinically effective. You will hold a caseload for 1:1 face to face work, amongst other duties. We welcome applicants who have experience of managing a caseload and who have experience of working within an IAPT service.
You will be expected to be flexible and provide out of hours clinics as required by service need and demonstrate a willingness to travel. North Yorkshire IAPT service currently operates Monday- Friday covering some early morning/early evening working through 1:1 clinics or groups which all staff are expected to offer.
The North Yorkshire IAPT service consists of High Intensity Therapists, PWPs & our Employment Team and the opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and committed High Intensity Therapist (CBT) to join our expanding service.
We are a well-established integrated Step 2, Step 3 (CBT, EMDR and IPT) service covering Harrogate and Rural geographical areas.
We pride ourselves as an innovative IAPT service, and as part of this have developed opportunities for all clinicians to take on the role of champions for a variety of populations such as perinatal, older adults, students and long-term conditions. These roles enable you to develop your skills and experience in your areas of interest, and assist the service in designing pathways of care for these populations.
We are committed to facilitating continuing professional development and this is actively encouraged within our service. Regular clinical supervision will be provided as well as peer CPD activities within the High Intensity clinical group.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for further detailed information regarding the role and main responsibilities.
Additional contact details - Carla Webb - firstname.lastname@example.org 01423 852137
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualification from High Intensity IAPT Course (Post Graduate Diploma) or other Post Graduate CBT training course
- A recorded/registered doctoral level qualification in clinical psychology, a recorded/registered qualification in one of - nursing, social work, occupational therapy plus further post graduate qualification in CBT
- Significant experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner and demonstrating the competences as required.
- Accreditation, or moving towards accreditation, for CBT therapists and/or HPC for Practitioner Psychologists
- Demonstrate experience of working in IAPT services
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time in a climate of high performance targets
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
- Experience of working in Primary Care IAPT Services
- Experience of providing line management to clinical staff
- Worked in a service where agreed targets in place demonstrating clinical outcomes
Skills and Competencies Essential
- Full range of skills and competencies for the psychological therapy they will be providing.
- Computer literate
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate efectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically senstive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Received formal training and carried out risk assessments within scope of pratice
- Good understanding of issues surrounding clinical risk and risk management plans
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.