The Band 5 Nurse will work within the 24 hour Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team. The post is to provide clinical care to Service Users who are in Crisis. This includes from assessment, planning of care, interventions and discharge planning. The CRHTT is multidisciplinary and will involve working alongside other Community Mental Health Teams.
Main duties of the job
The CRHTT is an Accredited Team with the Royal College of Psychiatric. The team is supportive and prides itself on both its teams approach and delivery of care. The team has a flat hierarchy, treating each member with respect. The support system is embedded into the team with regular reflective practice and team support.
The team is passionate about the care delivery and has an excellent reputation within the organisation for the care that is provided to our Service Users and Carers.
Main roles and responsibilities include:-
contributing to the assessment of Service Users in Crisis,
Planning interventions, delivering a variety of Acute Crisis interventions, whilst reviewing care and planning for discharge.
Supporting the ongoing development of the team with all team members
Supervision of junior Staff
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us.
What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carers and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share.
It's important that you feel supported in your role, that the people who you work with are as passionate as you are and that your health and wellbeing is taken care of
If you're interested in developing your career, you'll have access to a range of training and education opportunities, including apprenticeships, work experience and placements, as well as the chance to get involved in research.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to have you with us.
Job description Job responsibilities Principal Duties Clinical
- With other community staff triage and determine urgency of new referrals to the service
- With colleagues carry out comprehensive assessments of an individuals health and social care needs in a variety of settings and agree the most appropriate course of action
- Support the band 6 nurses on crisis duty.
- To assess, evaluate and manage clinical risk
- To formulate a plan of care and interventions based on identified need
- Deliver evidence based crisis interventions as appropriate
- Review effectiveness of care plan at regular intervals
- To work collaboratively with service users, carers and partner agencies
- To maintain computer held care records in an accurate and timely fashion
- Undertake all work in a culturally sensitive manner
- Act in accordance with the Care Programme Approach, Care Management System, Acute and Schedule Care Pathways as appropriate.
- Develop effective working relationships with Primary Care colleagues
Education and Training
- Regularly review own clinical practice with supervisor to promote efficacy and contribute to the overall management of locality HTT
- Deliver supervision and facilitate annual PDR with more junior members of staff
- Participate in own PDR process, identifying training and development needs, and pursuing relevant actions to maintain and improve level of competence and effective contribution
- Act as mentor to learners, keep up to date with relevant course and curriculum developments, and maintain sign off status
- Participate in training relevant to role
- Promote insight and understanding of mental health issues to service users, carers, and other agencies
- Contribute to audit, research and evaluation as appropriate
Person Specification community experience Essential
- Qualified RMN
- Community Experience
- experience of working within a Multi Disciplinary Team
- evidence of ongoing professional Development
community experience Essential
- Experience of working with people who are acutely unwell
- experience of working within a multi disciplinary team
- experience of working in the community
- Experience of clinical supervision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.