We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual with a demonstrable interest in working with patients who are living with a mental illness in the community.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who is committed to working in partnership with patients/carers and a range of other care staff and agencies to provide truly person centered services.
Main duties of the job
You must have excellent communication skills, commitment to working flexibly to assess patient's needs, be able to demonstrate that you can work effectively in a multi disciplinary team setting and demonstrate a commitment to further development with the support of the team. You must have an awareness of current health and social care issues that affect community care for Adult with mental health needs.
About us EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer, the Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have theopportunity for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will have commitment to your own development including experience of undertaking assessments, health promotion and clinical supervision. Your active participation in providing a variety of learning opportunities for students and participating in training initiatives in general will be a part of the role.
The post also offers the opportunity to actively influence and participate in the development of services to Adult with mental health needs living in the South West area. For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Bheki Mlotshwa on 01268 243500. Our Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We particularly welcome applications from people with experience of using mental health services.
Although Covid vaccinations are no longer a mandatory requirement within the NHS we continue to encourage and support the vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against Covid19. The safety of our staff and patients is a top priority for us at EPUT.
If you would like to book a Covid vaccination or would like more information please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Registered mental health nurse or qualified Social Worker
- Experience of completing comprehensive and holistic needs assessments
- Car driver, access to vehicle
- Knowledge of care act
- experience of working in community mental health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.