We are excited to be offering an opportunity for a Senior Clinical/Counselling Psychologist to join Psychological Services for Older People in Brentwood, South Essex. This is a permanent, part time post (22.5 hours per week) at band 8A. However, we welcome newly qualified/qualifying applicants who can be appointed at band 7 with preceptorship to 8A.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate and empowering psychologist who has a passion for working with older people and ensuring high quality psychological provision for this client group. We appreciate and value difference and diversity; and are looking for someone who will support our aims to provide outstanding care for older people from all backgrounds effectively and compassionately. We are a team who support each other and strive to end systemic, social, and structural as well as age related inequalities in health care.
This is a senior clinical role within a secondary interdisciplinary mental health care service for Older People who may have complex psychological needs, which also involves being actively involved in the provision of psychological services to people who may be living with dementia related conditions. We offer a CPD package of up to £6,000 to be used in the first three years of employment following successful completion of the probationary period and linked to the appraisal process as agreed with line manager.
Main duties of the job
- To provide a qualified specialist psychological services to Older People as part of Community Mental Health Team (CMHTOP) and Memory Assessment Service (MAS)
- To provide specialist evidence based psychological assessment and interventions to Older People referred to CMHTOP
- To provide specialist cognitive/neuropsychological assessment to clients referred to Memory Assessment Service
- To offer specialist advice and consultation on clients' psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and to non-professional carers, working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team's and Trust's policies and procedures
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the areas served by the Psychological Services for Older People - South Essex.
- To supervise the work of pre-qualified psychological practitioners such as trainee Counselling/Clinical Psychologists and Assistant Psychologists or Clinical Associates in Psychology. Where appropriate and with agreement of Head of Service, supervise Band 7 Clinical/Counselling Psychologists
About us EPUT is a learning Trust and highly respect and value the contributions of psychological practitioners across our services. We offer an excellent funded CPD package and up to and £8000 may be available for relocation support for those who meet the criteria.
We are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
o Season Ticket Loanso NHS discounts for staffo Excellent Training facilities and opportunitieso Buying and Selling annual leave schemeo The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areaso Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Worko Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
We now offer face to face interviews as well as virtual.
The decision on which type of interview will be made by the recruiting manager however if you have a preference due to circumstance please contact us.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details. Candidates are strongly encouraged to make contact with Dr Guney Dillioglu (Consultant Clinical Psychologist) to discuss the role.
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling psychology
- Post-doctoral training therapeutic interventions
- Post-doctoral training in neuropsychology
- pre-qualification training and qualifications in research or staff training
- doctoral level knowledge of research methodology
- knowledge of specialised psychologicla therapies
- knowledge of theory and practice of at least two therapy models
- knowledge of factors associated with older people's needs
- knowledge of relevant legislation, frameworks
Skills and Experience Essential
- skills and experience of psychological assessment and treatment modalities
- experience of working with a wide range of client groups
- experience of working with clients with complex needs
- skills in the use of complex methods of assessment, formulation and intervention
- skills in administering and reporting on neuropsychological assessments
- excellent communication skills
- skills in providing consultation
- ability to design and undertake service related research and audits
- formal training in supervision of trainee psychologists
- experience of teaching, training and supervising others
- experience of working in different cultural contexts
Personal Qualities Essential
- Shares EPUT's values
- ability to work collaboratively with others
- accountable for own professional actions
- ability to work autonomously
- a passion and geniune interest to work with older people
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.