The Secure ABI Service at Guild Lodge Hospital is the only one of its kind in the NHS in the UK and our service covers throughout England.
We are proud of this unique and highly specialised service for the care of men who have suffered brain injuries. A rapidly growing area of neuro-rehabilitative care with our service leading on changes to secure ABI care on the national strategy.
Since opening in 2011, the ABI service has proven itself to be at the forefront of innovative care for those who have suffered a head injury, require secure provision and neuro-rehabilitation needs.
We are looking for those looking for opportunities at full-time, part-time and flexible working
Exciting opportunities have arisen for qualified nurses to become Team Leaders looking to work clinically throughout this Secure ABI inpatient Service.
Guild Lodge consists of 3 main service lines (15 wards), which include:
- Men's service
- Women's service
- Acquired Brain Injury Service (3 wards)
Guild Lodge cares for adults within Medium
and Low Security
, and Step Down environments.
Each of the services has their own model of care and provides bespoke training in addition to the comprehensive LCFT Induction and local induction.
Main duties of the job
- Applications are invited from qualified Nurses with a minimum 12 months experience, with the qualities and aspirations to provide care in this challenging and fulfilling area.
- Experience with Acquired Brain Injury is not essential, as our extensive service induction and training in ABI care will be provided.
- This post will be suited to nurses looking for and with experience of understanding, managing challenging & emotionally demanding clinical presentations. The individual will be able to guide, support, supervise and role-model within a team on how to respond to these challenges and offer excellent quality care.
- Successful applicants will be able to experience a broad range of clinical specialities and will have access to a comprehensive package of professional coaching, education and clinical support.
We are keen to receive applications from Nurses with an interest in working with:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Organic Personality Disorder
- Neuro-cognitive care
- Challenging Behaviours
- Positive Behaviour Support
All applicants must have an interest and skills in psychological approaches to working with clients and have a commitment to working collaboratively with clients who may present challenges for engagement.
As an integrated mental health service, successful candidates will work predominately within the ABI service; there is an expectation to work across the Guild Lodge Hospital site - where specific service need is required or professional development is indicated
Guild Lodge Hospital site is situated in beautiful rural area, yet has close motorway links from all directions of travelBenefits include:
Our valued staff receive:
- Free parking 24/7
- Long day shift pattern - meaning more rest days
- Support for further professional training with partner universities
- Excellent holiday entitlement: 27 days, rising to 29 after five years NHS service and rising to 33 after 10 years. Also, a chance to purchase additional Annual Leave
- Extra payments for Bank Holiday, evenings, nights and weekend working
- An extensive Preceptorship scheme and support for those new to the services
- Access to flexible working arrangements
- An excellent salary sacrifice car and electronics scheme
- Onsite restaurant facilities
- Access to newly built housing areas
NHS Terms and Conditions:
- NHS Pension
- Excellent support and Wellbeing services
- Superb external training and development opportunities
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills across differing care environment
- Talent Management Programme
- 1:1 support from Clinical Educators
- Occupational Health Service including access to counselling and physiotherapy services
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of discounts from local attractions and businesses
- Child Care Vouchers
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role Please note:
This post is subject to an Enhanced
All posts are subject to the nationally agreed Agenda for Change terms and conditions.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse qualification
- Post graduate qualification or experience
- On-going registration with the NMC.
- Understanding of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge and practice of Mental Health Act 1983
- Knowledge and practice of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Supervision and management of staff
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of assessing, planning and implementing and reviewing care needs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.