Band 6 specialist paediatric physiotherapist working at a Children's Therapy Centre, special and mainstream schools.
The team consists of 25 physiotherapists across Nottinghamshire and a team of support staff. We work closely with our OT colleagues, speech and language therapists and nursing.Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Specialist Paediatric Physiotherapist predominantly based at the Children's Therapy Centre at Kings Mill Hospital.
The post holder will work across Mid Nottinghamshire.
The successful post holder will see children and young people age 0-19 years with a wide variety of neurological conditions , orthopaedic conditions, rheumatological, functional co-ordination disorder and those requiring long term rehabilitation in the centre, the child's home and schools.
A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post; however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Working with children and young people from 0-18 years with a wide variety of disabilities within the larger multi disciplinary team.
Please see person specification and job descriptionPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of working with children with complex conditions
- Supervisory experience
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of Audit
- Previous experience at Band 6 level in paediatrics
- Leadership experience
- NHS experience
- Experience of service evaluation and standard setting
- Specialist knowledge of paediatric physiotherapy underpinned by theory and postgraduate courses
- Understanding of national and local priorities
- Evidence based practice
- Ability to plan, organise, delegate and prioritise own work.
- Ability to time manage and respond to change
- Leadership skills
- Self motivated and able to work as an effective team member
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to teach and pass on knowledge
- Able to work as an effective team member
- Flexible and forward thinking
- Clinical Educator
- Postgraduate specialist paediatric training
- BSc/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registration
- MSc in paediatric related subject
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.