We are looking for a confident Bank On Call Doctor (Psychiatry) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You will be providing non residential, out of hours cover (Weekdays 5pm - 9am / Weekends 9am - 9pm), making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Hospital HarrowMain duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up. Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every dayAbout us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10,000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Are you an outstanding Specialty Doctor in Psychiatrylooking for your next challenge which allows you to work flexibly?
We are looking for On Call Specialty Doctors to provide on call cover to our well-established Psychiatry Teams based in Cygnet Harrow and Cygnet Kenton Lodge, providing cover across week nights, weekends and bank holidays. There will be approximately 3-4 doctors on the on call rota at any given time.
Cygnet Hospital Harrow has a good overall CQC rating and provides a recovery focused service treating a wide range of mental health problems and learning disability. Cygnet Kenton Lodge is a female high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service that provides a care pathway for service users who are preparing to step down to community living.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You'll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your role responsibilities
Why Cygnet? Well offer youCompetitive rate including On-Call Fee:
- Ensure that the ward is at all times aware of contact arrangements, and that those arrangements are always in place and they enable the ward to make contact immediately in the event of an admission or clinical emergency
- Respond immediately to contact from the ward and be immediately available to travel to reach the hospital
- Attend the hospital to assess, physically examine, and initiate immediate management of every admission, maintaining high professional standards
- Keep clinical records to a satisfactory standard.
- Report clinically to the responsible clinician for individual patients and to the Medical Director, who will be responsible for maintaining standards of service
- Prescribe and review medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist and undertake clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care
- Maintain good communication with the multi-disciplinary team and nursing staff, including morning handover meetings each working day.
- Ensure that the wards are not left without medical cover at any time during the duty period and that any urgent clinical situation is properly and safely managed, and stabilised
- Weeknight cover (5pm-9am) = £80 per night cover
- Weekend cover (9am-9am) = £170 per 24hr period
- Bank holiday cover (9am-9am) £180 per 24hr period Attendance fee
- Admission / Call out fee = £115 per call out Review Fee
- Patient review after initial call out / admission = £55 per hour As well as...
We are looking for someone who is...
- The ability to work alongside an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and multi-disciplinary team
- Free parking
- Paid for Private Indemnity covered by Cygnet
- Paid DBS
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme & company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
Cygnet Health Care
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Preferably approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables 2,200 individuals across 108 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives. What next?
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you.Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.