About the role
Join our team as an Occupational Therapist within Manx Care’s Integrated Mental Health Services!
In this role you will support innovation, and offer your advice, and support to a range of professionals, and individuals, both inside and outside of the service.
You will represent and promote the service, and work with service users to co-produce and co-develop recovery focussed services, which enable and empower individuals to achieve their goals.
Occupationally focused assessments and interventions will be delivered as part of a dynamic service delivery model that has a strong commitment to collaborative working at its core whilst recognizing the unique skills of all professional groups represented in the team.
About our team
Mental Health Services on the Isle of Man are going through a period of significant transformation and now is an exciting time to join the service. We are committed to working with a variety of providers to offer integrated services to the individuals who live on the Isle of Man.
You will work on the Harbour Suite in Manannan Court, an acute mental health inpatient ward, which is committed to meeting the holistic needs of individuals who are experiencing a relapse or crisis of their mental health and wellbeing and who require an inpatient admission. It is a place where people can receive treatment, support and care to help them recover as quickly as possible.
We have two small wards, one serving a mainly adult population, and one which predominantly supports older adults, although we try to work more on a needs led basis, rather than age.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to work in a supportive team, where you are encouraged to use your ideas and initiative to help develop services.
What can this role offer me?
- By joining us you’ll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS
- Developing our team to be the best they can be is important to us and we actively support your own personal career goals, aspirations and development
- We offer competitive salaries which tend to be higher than UK salaries with opportunities for annual pay increases for many roles. We offer shift allowances of:
o Time + 30% for work after 8pm
o Time + 60% for work on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- You will enjoy generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days and 10 public holidays
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a refund on your national insurance contributions made in your first year, this could be up to £4,000!
- Great on site facilities and free car parking
About the Island and relocating
Here you can enjoy a fantastic quality of life, and an excellent work-life balance! There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities; so if you like walking, mountain biking, sailing or kayaking, you’ll have lots of places to explore!
There are also lots of great cafes, bars and restaurants, and you can enjoy the Island’s real sense of community. The island is well connected to the UK, and you’ll also benefit from low income tax rates (20% maximum rate).
If you are relocating or returning to the Island, you can also benefit from the National Insurance Holiday Scheme, which allows you to apply for a refund on your NI contributions for your 1st year of living here. To see how this scheme could benefit you, and to find out more about relocating to the Isle of Man, visit www.locate.im
How to find out more and apply
To find out more and apply, please click the apply button.
The closing date for this role is 11 July 2022.