NHFT are currently looking to appoint Consultant Psychiatrist for Learning Disability Team. The role will be based at Carey Block, St Marys Hospital, Kettering within the county of Northamptonshire.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence and an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will need to be a born leader and a people person who loves to collaborate and innovate. You need to be MRC psych or equivalent with full registration, licensed and specialist registered or within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the Advisory Appointment Committee. The ability to travel to all locations within the Trust is essential.
There are many opportunities to be involved in clinical research and you will have access to the Trust research fellows to help develop research ideas. The Trust already has a portfolio of research studies in Old Age Dementia and Physical Health.
The trust is leading nationally on physical treatments in mental health, nurse administered ECT, rTMS and ketamine infusion. We also have research collaboration with the Open University along with Nottingham, Oxford and Northampton University.
The Trust hosts Undergraduates from Leicester and Norwich Medical schools with numerous opportunities to teach this cohort.
Job description Job responsibilities
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is an Employer which is committed to developing you and that prides itself on being a diverse and equal opportunity employer. NHFT has recently being awarded OUTSTANDING
Northamptonshire is a county with varied countryside and numerous small villages as well as a range of good housing, excellent rail and road connections to London and elsewhere and good schools making it an attractive place for family living.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MRCPsych or Equivalent
- Full GMC Registration
- Specialist Resgister/CCT in LD
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act and able to act as Responsible Clinician
- Additional Postgraduate Qualifications
- Publication of original research
- Minimum of six years postgraduate experience (including three years as SpR in approved training post)
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
- Evidence of the ability to communicate with patients, colleagues and staff at all levels
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiances including tribunals
Leadership & Management skills Essential
- Ability to motivate and develop junior medical staff and other MDT members
- To Balance individual requirements against those of the Directorate and Trust as a whole
- An Understanding of the political and financial framework within which services operate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.