Are you a newly qualified or current Band 5 occupational therapist? Do you have a passion for delivering outstanding care and making a positive difference to the lives of the people in your care? This could be your perfect opportunity. Main duties of the job
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will provide assessment and treatment of occupational dysfunction under the supervision of a more senior Occupational Therapist.
An integral part of this role will be supervising others, with a focus on supporting student education within the team.About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Across our 11 different service lines, we have evidence-based established models of care to ensure we provide the highest quality care and support.
Our dedicated and expert teams of over 10 000 employees, support over 2800 individuals in a range of services across England, Scotland and Wales. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care, through co-production, recovery and rehabilitation.
With over 150 Occupational Therapists, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesAre you a confident Band 5 Occupational Therapist who would like to explore a more rewarding clinical and managerial challenge in a Personality Disorder Service? Are you ready to develop your clinical skills?Post:
Occupational Therapist (Band 5) Salary:
£29,900-£32,300 per annum (dependent on experience) Base:
Cygnet Hospital Beckton, Upping Ward Responsible for:
- The post holder will be the OT for Upping Ward and will lead the occupational therapy pathway activities for this patient group.
- Supervision of 1 x OT Assistant
Head OT and Deputy Head OT Hours:
37.5 hours per week Location:
23 Tunnan Leys, Beckton, E6 6ZB Overview of site/Ward:Upping Ward
is a female personality disorder ward with 15 beds. The service focuses on independent living skills, coping strategies and social inclusion. We provide activities within the 5 Core Occupational Therapy Pathways of Self-Care, Physical Health, Community Re-ablement, Hobbies & Interests and Education/Vocation.
We have an in-house MDT wrap around service that is designed to support the individual in our care throughout their journey with us.
The team consists of nurses, doctors, psychologist, psychology assistants, occupational therapist, occupational therapy assistant, and social worker. This means that we are able to meet the changing needs of our service users as they progress through their care pathway, while ensuring their safety is maintained and their independence supported.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of individuals / interventions and support for individuals within the service. In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to individuals diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly within the multidisciplinary team.
If you feel you suit the criteria and have an interest in Personality Disorder Care Pathway then please make an application today. For an informal discussion about the role please contact our in house recruiter Lisandra Ferreira on 07384 893 585.
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few. 5 reasons why you should make an application today
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills, including sensory integration training and leadership and management training
- You will be an integral part of a large, well established MDT with extensive experience to draw from
- Dedicated CPD time being part of a national network of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- Low caseload number to support intensive OT focused interventions
In return we will offer you:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- RCOT Membership
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a hands on approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Ability to manage demanding clinical presentation
- Some experience in the field of adult mental health
- Working as a Band 5 OT or are a newly qualified OT
- Able to effectively lead a team with support from Senior OT staff
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership & Management, and Sensory Integration.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert clinical supervision from Regional Lead and peer support
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Company pension scheme; Life insurance and health plan
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
- Relocation packages offered
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
- speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own* What next?
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you. Click the button to apply. Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
E6 6ZBEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.