We are excited to appoint a new Deputy Director of Pharmacy at Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Suitably experienced, innovative and motivated pharmacists are invited to apply for this position, within one of the North of England's largest mental health pharmacy teams.
We are looking for somebody with a passion for mental health to drive forward the clinical standards of the pharmacy team, as well as the medicines optimisation agenda within the wider trust.
Informal discussions with the Associate Director of Pharmacy are encouraged.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will deputise for the Associate Director of Pharmacy, both internally within the trust and externally at a regional level and beyond.
They will lead and develop clinical pharmacy provision across the Trust, as well as innovating medicines optimisation practices.
They will also have a clinical remit, providing a specialist service to designated team(s).
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) is one of the leading mental health trusts in the UK.
Serving a population of 1.2million people, across one of the most exciting and affordable cities in Europe, GMMH provides community and inpatient mental health care, alongside substance misuse services across the North West.
The Trust employs around 4750 people, who make a difference across 130 locations. Staff at GMMH work to improve lives with a culture based on five core values:
- We are caring and compassionate
- We inspire hope
- We work together
- We value and respect
- We are open and honest
GMMH is one of the most active research trusts in the UK, with one of the highest levels of recruitment to clinical trials for mental health. This puts our staff and service users at the leading edge of new mental health treatments.
The Trust provides a range of specialist services including prison in reach across the North of England, a specialist centre for mental health and deafness and in patient perinatal mental health care.
We have been rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commission. Our substance misuse services and leadership were rated as 'Outstanding'.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To lead, deliver, develop and evaluate specialist clinical pharmacy services across all trust sites
- To provide expert pharmaceutical advice to consultants, medical and health and social care staff within the trust and in primary care plus other members of the multidisciplinary team (MDT).
- To provide expert pharmaceutical advice to patients and carers on an individual and group basis.
- To provide specialist training in mental health therapeutics and medicines management at postgraduate level to senior clinical pharmacists, Consultants, GPs and other health and social care staff.
- To lead, develop, implement and evaluate trust wide policies and procedures relating to prescribing, drug administration and other aspects of medicines management. To ensure that medicines management practices across the trust comply with legal, national and local guidelines.
- To line manage senior clinical pharmacists across the Trust.
- To deputise for the Associate Director of Pharmacy as trust lead for pharmacy and medicines management at internal and external groups.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Member of GPhC
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical / Psychiatric Pharmacy
- Evidence of PG management and / or leadership training
- Non-Medical Prescribing Qualification
- Member of RPS
- Credentialed member of CMHP
- Significant hospital experience
- Experience of operational management
- Experience in PG training
- Experience of clinical governance
- Experience of project management
- Experience of developing business cases
- Budget management
- Published research
- Expert knowledge of clinical therapeutics
- Knowledge of MH services
- Knowledge of prison pharmacy
- Knowledge of Spec Comm
- Experience of working in Primary & Secondary Care
Skills / Abilities Essential
- Ability to devise, plan and manage complex work programme
- Ability to interpret & communicate highly complex data
- Ability to develop & maintain relationships
- Ability to manage change / conflict
- Ability to motivate / influence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.