An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for a General Adult Psychiatrist to be part of a well-established Multidisciplinary Team as a full time Inpatient Consultant on Morton Ward at the Hartington Unit, Chesterfield with Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. This is a 10 PA job with an extra 1 PA added due to clinical activity.
You will join a team of experienced and supportive colleagues who share good camaraderie and excellent working relationships. The Trust had leading scores in the NHS staff survey 2021 in the domains of morale, being safe and healthy and working flexibly.
Main duties of the job
Morton ward is currently being run as a 19-bed female only ward. The post has become available following retirement of the previous post holder. The trust is committed to its vision to make a positive difference in people's lives by improving health and wellbeing. As a clinical leader you will be involved in shaping and developing the service as the trust is undertaking a new build project. You will also have opportunities to grow and enhance your skills as a clinician and develop evidence based innovative practices.
Derbyshire offers a blend of city and country living; it has some of the most stunning landscapes in the country. Derbyshire has historic houses, beautiful gardens, excellent walking and cycling trails, family theme parks and steam trains. The trust offers up to £8000 in relocation expenses. We have a generous study budget and an excellent in-house CPD program as well.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 33 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 35 days after 7 years
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Fully registered with GMC with license
- Approved Clinician Status
- Excellent knowledge of speciality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Participated in research and service provision
- Ability to work in and lead a team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.