The clinical component of this post includes carrying out dental treatment onchildren and adult patients in clinics, mobile dental units and the domiciliarysetting under the treatment plan of a Dentist.
Main duties of the job
An enthusiastic Dental Therapist is required to join a growing CDS in Powys.
This opportunity will allow an individual to work within their scope of practice in a supportive working environment, with access to excellent equipment, where quality of care is the primary focus.
Individuals are encouraged to develop clinical skills and will be supported by other colleagues within the team. Working under direct access is encouraged. The team consists of skilled Dental Nurses, Dental Therapists, restorative, endodontic, special care and oral surgery colleagues.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
About us Welcome to Powys Teaching Health Board!
Powys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of the people of Powys, mid Wales. As a rural health board with around 133,000 people living across an area that is a quarter of Wales, we provide as many services as possible locally. This is mainly through GPs and other primary care services, community hospitals and community services. As we don't have a District General Hospital, we work closely with other organisations in Wales and England to provide services for the people of Powys. We always strive to deliver as many services in Powys as possible including assessment and follow ups after treatment. The health board also works closely with Powys County Council and the voluntary sector to meet the needs of the community.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Qualifications Desirable
- GDC registered as a Dental Therapist
- BSc/Diploma/equivalent qualification in Dental Therapy
- Experience of full remit of work as GDC uidelines
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working in a Dental Practice
- Ability to work under direct access
- Experience of working ina community or hospital environment
- Demonstrate PTHB values
- Confidentiality and working in a team
- Abilityto communicate and speak clearly
- Understand the importance of oral health promotion
- Understand the role ofthe GDS nad CDS Welsh Health Care system
- Ability to travel in a timely manner to other locations
Aptitude and Abilities Essential
- Ability to write a comprehensive personal statement
- Ability to manage own case work load
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.