BSMHFT is excited to present our new progression posts for psychiatrists interested in working towards entry onto the Specialist Register via the CESR route. We currently have one vacancy within our established Dementia and Frailty services, based with the West Hub Community Mental Health Team for older adults.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and an appreciation of the opportunities and challenges of working within culturally diverse areas of Birmingham. You will have sound clinical skills and be approved, or eligible, for approval, under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act. You will have full registration with the GMC and experience of psychiatry at a Core Training grade. Excellent communication skills, team working skills and flexibility are essential. You will be encouraged to participate in continuing professional development, audit, research and teaching.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide clinical input in the integrated acute care pathway. The routine work involves assessing new patients referred to the community mental health team and the ongoing treatment and management of patients under the care of community mental health team.
The post holder for the West Hub Community Mental Health Team for older adults will be based at the:
Ashcroft Unit, The Moorings, Hockley, Birmingham, B18 5SD
With hands on support from consultant colleagues, including portfolio development and exposure to a wide range of experience (including Psychotherapy) to aid competency achievement, this is a great opportunity for experienced psychiatrists, looking to make the next move in their career.
Job description Job responsibilities
Part of this great opportunity will provide:
- Personalised portfolio
- Access to the RCPsychs CPD Online
- Support in gaining research competencies
- 2.5 SPA sessions per week
- Involvement in our academic programme and teaching
- Regular clinical supervision & separate CESR mentor
- SAS Tutor support and CESR / SAS support forums
Informal enquiries are encouraged.
Person Specification Scoring Essential
- oFull GMC registration.
- o2 years clinical experience in General Adult or related psychiatric specialities
- oCommitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development.
- oAbility to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- oAbility to embrace diagnostic uncertainty
- oSubstantial experience of psychiatry.
- oDemonstrable interest in the provision of recovery focussed mental health
- oCommitment to clinical audit within multi-disciplinary team.
- oExperience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level
- oEvidence of potential for effective leadership.
- oExcellent communication skills.
- oAbility to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- oWillingness to be involved in management of service.
- oAble to travel
- oApproved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983)
- oAdditional post-registration Qualification.
- oExperience in Early Intervention Psychiatry
- oUnderstanding of the complexity of diagnosing and treating individuals with the At risk mental state
- oAbility to undertake CAARMs assessments
- oCompleted clinically relevant audit projects
- oAble to participate in Middle Tier on-call rota (optional)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.