We are looking for an innovative, motivated, and enthusiastic Senior CBT Therapist to work in our Community mental health services in North West Sussex (NWS). This varied part-time (0.8wte) 8a position is located in the Mid Sussex Assessment and Treatment Team, with bases in Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and some virtual working currently. It is commutable from Brighton and London.
This post sits in a team alongside several other psychological therapists including psychologists and CBT therapists. The psychological therapists are embedded within a cohesive, experienced and friendly MDT which really welcomes psychological interventions and collaborative working. We are looking for someone with competencies in adapting and delivering CBT to people with complex mental health difficulties. We are also looking for someone with experience in supervising other CBT therapists and psychological practitioners to deliver CBT and psychologically-informed interventions.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Interviews are planned for the 5th July 2022.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide assessments for psychological therapy and evidence-based CBT interventions for a range of complex mental health problems (e.g. complex PTSD, psychosis, severe OCD and EUPD). They will provide consultation and supervision to MDT staff around formulating complex cases from a CBT perspective and providing supervision on psychologically informed work such as graded exposure, behavioural activation and trauma stabilisation.
We are currently developing streams of work to improve access to psychological interventions for people with serious mental health problems such as psychosis, complex PTSD and complex emotional difficulties. We would welcome applicants with experience or further training in evidence-based working with one or more of these client groups. Linked to this, there has been a recent expansion in funded training opportunities in the Trust. Some of the upcoming training which may be relevant to this role include schema-informed CBT, Structured Clinical Management, compassionate resilience groups for PTSD with Deborah Lee and Nick Grey, 'Feeling Safe' CBT for psychosis training with the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre and Family Interventions for Psychosis.
The Senior CBT therapist will facilitate and lead on certain groups; some previous groups have included mindfulness based cognitive therapy, ACT for psychosis, compassion-focused therapy, CBT for OCD, overcoming depression and STEPPS groups for EUPD.
Staff wellbeing is of central importance in the trust and remains at the forefront of our ongoing agenda both within psychological therapies and within the MDT leadership team. There is an emphasis on encouraging and supporting our staff to develop, whilst working in psychologically safe environments.
We are committed to the promotion of excellent professional standards by embedding professional practice within the Trust clinical governance structures and we facilitate continuing professional development by a range of support structures. Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust promotes high quality clinical research, and our links with the research and development department are valued and strong. Recent examples of this include links with the Sussex Voices Clinic and the development of both a Compassionate Resilience clinic and Paranoia clinic, operating in North West Sussex.
Living and Working in West Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- According to the Met Office, West Sussex is the sunniest county in the UK, making exploring the vast countryside all the more enjoyable
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Job description Job responsibilities Job responsibilities
In order to be a successful Senior CBT therapist in our team you will:
- Be an experienced CBT therapist,registered with the BABCP
- Have experience of evidence-based CBT assessments and interventions for people with complex mental health problems
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and varied role, managing complexity and risk
It would also be advantageous if you have:
- Experience in providing supervision, consultation and training
- Post-qualification training in relevant evidence-based interventions such as EMDR, CBT for psychosis, CAT, CFT, ACT, schema therapy or DBT.
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Recognised/accredited postgraduate level training in a psychological therapy as specified in one of the Appendices
- Professionally registered as specified in the same Appendix
- Knowledge/Experience Essential
- Substantial post-qualification/accreditation experience of specialist psychological therapy (assessment, formulation and treatment), as specified in the same Appendix, maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- A high level of competence in applying a psychological therapy to complex difficulties appropriate for this therapy with the client group, and a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Experience of offering teaching, training and supervision within a demanding organisational contex
- A clear and theoretically informed approach to supervision
- Experience of representing psychological therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary care within a complex organisational context.
- Significant experience of working with the particular client group served by the team/service
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group
- A high level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychological therapy as specified in the same appendix, as applied to the client group using this service
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the professional registration/accrediting body specified in the same appendix.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.