If you are an energetic professional, motivated to try innovative ways of working within in a multi-disciplinary team and have clinical skills that encompass urgent mental health interventions then please consider applying.
Join our team which provides a responsive assessment and home treatment service to those experiencing a mental health crisis in the community over the 24 hour period.
This is a permanent post based within a team covering the Medway and Swale locality.
We welcome applicants with experience working with people with mental health difficulties, and be competent working with individuals in the community as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will be expected to work collaboratively with the MDT to provide an effective team approach to patient care.
Main duties of the job
You will be undertaking assessments of patients mental health needs, identifying the appropriate level of support required to manage risk. This will include assessing capacity to consent to treatment, ensuring you are working within appropriate legal frameworks. Clinical care must be delivered using a patient-centred approach, ensuring patients are involved in their care.
You should be able to work shifts including nights, bank holidays and weekends, and be able to undertake physical interventions training in order to support persons waiting for assessment in the designated Place of Safety.
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Working with service users referred to Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Service
- To screen and work with all newly referred service users experiencing acute mental health crisis providing assessment or short term interventions until crisis is resolved
- To contribute to the planning and implementation of induction, training and education of students and staff.
- To contribute to the delivery of specialist/ professional training packages of in-service training and staff development when necessary.
- To fulfil the role of mentor/practice educator, maintaining own update training and ensuring responsibility for regular placement provision and ensuring supervision and written assessment of students whilst on placement.
- To assist the band 7 senior practitioner by identifying personal and professional training needs in order to appropriately plan for future training and development.
- To provide effective supervision, support, and guidance for support /STR/ peer workers and any work delegated to them
Please see job description for full details
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Practice educator/Mentorship
- 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience with acute mental health issues
- The ability to travel across a large geographical area 24 hours a day.
- Knowledge of current best practice in providing holistic interventions to people experiencing acute episode of mental ill health.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant legislative frameworks and policies relating to care e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Safeguarding, Consent to Treatment.
- A robust understanding and ability to apply principles of risk assessment and risk management.
- Understanding of the impact of acute episode of mental illness on function and occupation of clients, family and carers.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.