We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Community Psychiatric Nurse to join Prescott House CMHT Salford, a fast paced, friendly and supported , well performing CMHT within the Salford division. Salford Community Mental Health Services are a committed integrated service that strive to provide quality recovery based support to people with severe and enduring mental health related difficulties .
As a band 5 nurse you will have a key role in supporting the mental and physical health agenda within the team. As a Community Psychiatric Nurse working in the service you will be required to have knowledge and understanding of the CPA process.
Main duties of the job
Duties will include the organisation and delivery of depot , lithium and Clozapine clinics. Having oversight of the physical health agenda and have a defined caseload and work within the recovery model using a wide range of evidence based holistic assessments and interventions.
You will hold a caseload of non complex service users, including those treated with depot medication, clozapine and lithium.
Prescott House is keen to support the development of all nurses , encouraging career progression within the team and being fully supportive of preceptorship nurses .
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide skilled mental health nursing care to service users.
- To manage a caseload of service users with mental health problems.
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care under supervision of the Senior Practitioner for Nursing.
- To act as care coordinator within the CPA framework thereby meeting the needs of service users and carers.
- Undertake risk assessment and management of individuals presenting at risk of vulnerability, self-harm or risk of physical, sexual, emotional harm to others.
- Be expected to undertake assessments, in line with Mental Capacity Act 2007, Safeguarding Adults and Mental health Act
- Undertake Mental Health Nursing Assessments as requested i.e. Local Authority Panel requests, Salford PCT Continuing Care assessments.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- Experience of working with service users with mental health difficulties
- Experience working in MDT / Community setting
- Previous experience adult mental health
- Continued professional development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.