Progress your career as a Consultant Social Worker
We are partnering with Think Ahead - a charity that works with NHS and Local Authority mental health services to strengthen the contribution of social work. We'll be taking on six trainee social workers (participants) who will join the organisation in August 2022. This is a great opportunity for two experienced social workers to take on the role of Consultant Social Workers /Associate Consultant Social Worker.
In this role you will:
- Join a network of leaders across the country promoting and strengthening mental health social work.
- Lead and develop four talented participants, who are passionate about mental health and social work.
- Develop your skills in practice, supervision, and education.
- Get fully fundedCPD training, including aPostgraduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work from Middlesex University.
Main duties of the job
Think Ahead is a charity working in partnership with NHS and Local Authority community mental health services to provide a route into adult mental health social work for graduates and career changers. TheConsultant Social Worker (CSW) will be employed by Cornwall NHS Foundation Trust and supervise a unit of six Think Ahead participants who are placed in a adult mental health service. Consultant SocialWorkers provide an outstanding practice learning experience, acting as role models for participants, whilst operating at senior social work level in a multi-disciplinary team.Management of the Think Ahead unit:o Responsible for all cases allocated to the Think Ahead unit - ensuring that effective social work support is provided in each case in accordance with relevant legislation and local/national policy.o Acting as a role-model for outstanding evidence-based social work practice to Think Ahead participants.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.
Person Specification Qualifications and Training Essential
- Current professional registration - SWE
- Professional qualification - Social Work Qualification at degree level or above
- Recognised Leadership Qualification
- Recognised professional teaching qualification
- Practice Educator Professional Standards stage 2 qualification (PEPS 2)
- Post qualification CPD in social work practice and/or training and leading others
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Leadership: the ability to act as a professional role model, demonstrate initiative, and engage others and enable them to achieve their goals
- Problem- solving: the ability to objectively analyse situations, using evidence and clear judgement to generate effective solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively : verbally, in writing and via other media (ie. power point, teaching presentations)
- Supervision skills both individual and group facilitation skills
- Able to demonstrate advanced report writing and presentation skills
- IT literacy
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy, with the ability to apply this knowledge to practice
- Significant social work experience in community mental health settings
- Highly skilled in mental health social work with individuals, groups and communities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.