We currently have vacancies across Low and Medium Secure services for Registered nurses in Mental Health and Learning Disabilities.
Band 5 Staff Nurses are active members of the ward team who will deliver effective care and treatment to service users whilst playing an integral role within the multi-disciplinary team. You will act as Primary/Associate Nurse to a number of service users within a medium or low secure environment. Staff nurses will assist in the smooth co-ordination and running of the ward. We require dynamic individuals with a genuine interest and positive attitude who wish to pursue a challenging career in forensic nursing. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development via, appraisal personal development plans and training.
We are passionate about improving and promoting staff health and well- being. All Staff are able to use the unit gymnasium and sports hall at specific times free of charge.
Main duties of the job
For newly qualified Band 5 nurses, we provide additional and bespoke support during the preceptorship period to ensure that individual needs and objectives are achieved. Our Practice Development Nurse will work alongside you to enable development of the skills, knowledge and competencies that you need to successfully complete your preceptorship and to feel confident and assured in your role as Nurse in Charge and Primary Nurse on a ward.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
The Directorate delivers both medium and low secure care and treatment to patients based at the Prestwich site, providing over 220 in-patient beds for both men and women. The Directorate also has a female inpatient service based at Wentworth House in Eccles
Person Specification qualifications/education Essential
- oUp to date NMC registration as a first level mental health nurse.
- oA recognised qualification within a clinical intervention.
- oEvidence of post registration development.
- oHave recent experience of working within and supporting staff to deliver care to patients who have challenging needs in order to demonstrate the required understanding of risk management.
- Have recent experience of working proactively within a multi disciplinary team.
- Experience of working within a secure setting
- Experience of providing mental health care within the prison service.
- oAbility to assess, plan, implement and evaluate evidence based care for the patient group.
- Ability to work collaboratively with patients and carers.
- oHave an in depth knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical interventions to safely provide treatment within a secure setting.
- Have an in depth knowledge of relevant risk assessment tools and risk management frameworks to sustain service users' safety.
skills / abilities Essential
- Be able to engage with service users effectively to ensure monitoring of risk and mental health including identification of recognised early warning signs.
- Is able to work on own initiative and plan workload effectively responding to changing priorities.
- Be able to reflect honestly on and develop own skills and abilities to best meet the needs of the service user population
- Able to work flexibly in response to need within a team environment.
Other requirements Essential
- The postholder must be assessed by Occupational Health as having a level of physical fitness required to undertake the role and required essential training.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.