8a Operational Manager for Wigan Community Hub
We have an exciting opportunity for an operational manager to join our leadership team here in Wigan.
The successful candidate will report to the GMMH Service Manager for Wigan Community Services, and support operational and quality leadership of a portfolio of services.
The current portfolio (subject to change) will be specialist services such as ADHD / Psychology / ASD / Parent Infant / Therapies.
We invite those wanting a challenge and who are compassionate in their delivery of leadership and healthcare to get in touch. See review the job description and include how you demonstrate experience within your application.
This role will involve working with key colleagues and partners across the division.
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an operational manager to join our Wigan Leadership team.
In this position you will play a key role in development of the service working closely with the Clinical Lead and Senior Leadership Team to implement a new high quality service model.
The role will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of integrated care pathways, including appropriate service user referrals and models of care
- Participating in case supervision to monitor clinical standards of service user care and documentation
- Being responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without supervision and act as care co-ordinate as required
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Specialist knowledge of Health Service Management and experience within health and social care settings.
- Experience of leading teams through challenging periods of change.
- Ability to motivate and lead others in orders in order to achieve service objectives.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of other professionals, service users and members of the public.
- Proven ability to create effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Awareness of Key Performance indicators to support the achievement of local and national targets.
- Experience of working with service users in the health and social care field and in-patient, community, substance misuse or criminal justice setting.
- Experience of leading on, implementing and monitoring a service development/change initiative.
- Evidence of working as part of an MDT in order to achieve shared goal.
- Experience of managing staff performance and disciplinary issues efficiently.
- Experience of maintaining quality standards in ones own work and encouraging others to do so in theirs.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.