To be responsible for provision of Nursing Care within the agreed C.P.A. Policy and process the ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation of individualised care plans.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.
Main duties of the job DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To provide an ongoing assessment of changing needs of service users, including risks. Formulate plans accordingly.
2. To complete assessment on new referrals jointly with Senior Staff Members.
3. To work a duty rota within the CMHT, managing crisis within the aligned team.
4. To work within the policies, procedures and guidelines set out by the Trust and professional bodies.
5. To work in collaboration with users, carers, statutory and voluntary agencies.
6. To work flexibly within the confines of a normal working week
7. Maintain and improve upon knowledge and skill base relevant to current work place.
8. To act as Care Co-ordinator for a nominated group of users, with a strict supervision programme in place.
9. To administer medication in the community in reline with relevant guidelines and policies
10.To assist users in self directed care plans supported by personalised budgets.
About us We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities MANAGERIAL & ADMINISTRATIVE:
1. To be responsible for health & safety of self, staff and users in accordance with Health & Safety at work Policy and in line with Local & Trust Policies.
2. To provide accurate statistical data when required.
3. To work with and improve upon local systems of administration.
4. Ensure patients records are current, in accordance with NMC Code of Conduct. TRAINING:
1. To be responsible for professional development.
2. To maintain knowledge of research based, up to date, nursing practice.
3. Contribute to the training of students and staff.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A recognised Mental Health professional qualification in nursing
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing training
- Car driver or otherwise independently mobile
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively to involve users and carers
- Recent experience in multidisciplinary/multi agency work in a mental health setting acute or community
- Evidence of involvement in research and / or audit activities
- Minimum of 6 months Post Registration experience
Attributes and Skills Essential
- Ability to conduct ongoing assessment/risk assessment
- Ability to manage a clinical caseload following agreed care plan
- Self motivated and able to work with limited direction
- Ability and commitment to engage with and empower users and a carers
- Commitment to integration of services and putting service users and their a carers at the centre of the service
- Ability to liaise and consult with agencies and other professionals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.