*GENEROUS RELOCATION PACKAGE OF UP TO £7.5K* ts&cs apply. Would you like to be part of something Outstanding? We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in Old Age to join our team in Colne House, Watford.
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved an OUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
Over the years the quality of our services and the achievements of our staff have been recognised nationally including the “MENTAL HEALTH TRUST OF THE YEAR AWARD 2020”
at the Health Service Journal Awards.
In a recent NHS Staff Survey we achieved the best score for safety culture amongst mental health and learning disabilities trusts throughout the country. Our staff have also said that they would recommend HPFT as a place to work and as a place for their friends and family to receive care.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home. The combination of our clinical practice and first-class academic connections means that our medical professionals have a wide range of opportunities to develop their careers and achieve their aspirations, while supporting their health and wellbeing. Here’s what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptop provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Actively working with Community Projects and Interventions
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Developmental post – more time in job plans dedicated to SPA
- Generous Relocation Package of up to £7.5k (terms and conditions apply)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust – encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
In addition to the generous pension and annual leave that comes with NHS employment, the trust offers additional benefits to our staff including a salary sacrifice scheme enabling staff to drive a brand new car or purchase a new bike as well as an HMRC scheme enabling savings on registered childcare costs. Who we’re looking for
We are looking for medical professionals who want to work in collaboration with our service users, carers and colleagues to provide the very best treatment and care. Professionals who want to develop and consolidate their clinical skills and competencies whilst working in a Trust with a patient-centred ethos and a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality education and training. About your role
HPFT are seeking a Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist to join our team in Watford.
The post holder will cover community, memory clinic & crisis function. This post has no inpatient commitment.
The post holder, along with another colleague will cover half of the Southwest quadrant covering the catchment areas of Radlett, Borehamwood, Potters Bar, Bushey, few in South South Oxhey and Northwood.
The MHSOP in the Southwest received approximately 712 referrals per year (May 2021-2022). The quadrant therefore receives approximately 60 referrals per month. More than half of these referrals are for the memory clinic.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status. Did you know about our Simulation Training Facility?
In our continuous drive to improve quality of care we want to be at the forefront of offering innovative learning and development opportunities for our medical workforce and all our staff. HPFT has developed a pioneering Simulation Training Facility within the Trust to provide innovative mental health simulation training. Want to learn more?
Please contact Medical Staffing on 07971639527 or email email@example.com
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.