These are exciting opportunities for experienced Mental Health Nurses, Allied Health professionals, Social workers or Psychologists to work in a therapeutic, evidence-based way with people experiencing complex emotional needs and personality difficulties.
Our service offers direct treatment using the Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT) model, which was developed within the Trust under the direction of Professor Anthony Bateman.
In addition, the service is offering indirect intervention via a Consultation & Liaison Service (CALS), which supports other mental health teams within Barnet. CALS offers training and supervision in the Structured Clinical Management (SCM) model to the community mental health teams in Barnet, as well as providing second opinions and joint working.
The successful candidates will join a small team in which there are continuous learning and development opportunities and a good record of effectively supporting people with complex emotional needs to find a way to live their lives with a stronger sense of satisfaction and achievement.
Main duties of the job
Undertake assessment of emotional and psychological needs of patients
Formulate and implement treatment plans and provide Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT), and act as care coordinator to those patients working closely with the multi-disciplinary team
Provide skilled assessments of patients' emotional and psychological needs based upon the understanding, interpretation, and integration of complex data given by the patient and obtained from other sources
Evaluate and make decisions about treatment plans, in conjunction with the MDT
Formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and management of the patient's mental health problems, based upon the Mentalization-Based Treatment model
At Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Community and Mental Health Trust our staff and service users have worked closely to create a set of values that make sure people who use our services get the best possible chance of a rapid recovery.
The Trust's values are:
- Being Positive
- Working together
By coming to work at Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust you will be joining a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education and Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Occupational Therapist or Registered Social Worker
- Basic training in Structured Clinical Management
- Recognised training in teaching/mentorship/ supervision
- Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT) Basic Course accredited training
- Evidence of other further post-registration education and training
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Working with patients with severe and complex mental health problems
- Demonstrable experience at Band 6 or equivalent.
- Evidence of ability to effectively manage a team.
- Experience of facilitating groups e.g. psycho-education; health promotion; emotional regulation
- Experience of delivering training to different disciplines and professions.
- Experience of teaching, training and mentoring
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2005, Mental Capacity Act, 2005, Care Act 2014, and 1989 Children Act.
- Training and advanced skills in a specialised approach such as psycho-social interventions, dual diagnosis, personality disorder.
- Knowledge of the process necessary for effective risk assessment and management
- Ability to demonstrate a creative and flexible approach to staff managing and in delivering a high standard of care.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care plans to meet needs of clients.
- Ability to implement clinical and line management supervision
- Knowledge of research design and methodology
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of a number of specialised psychological therapies, including psychoanalysis, cognitive behavioural therapy, and group analytic psychotherapy
Personal Qualities Essential
- To be able to tolerate and have an interest in thinking about team dynamics
- Demonstrating a positive can do attitude and a positive attitude to change
- Having a strong interest in working in the field of personality disorder
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.