This is an excellent opportunity to work in a forward-thinking Directorate always looking for ways to improve our services which will indirectly enhance healthcare delivery in our own community. You will report to the Estates Operational Maintenance Manager operating in a role that offers diverse requirements across a varied property portfolio of circa 80 sites. We are looking for a driven forward-thinking individual who wants to progress and can use their initiative and work within this committed team to bring the best out of people going forward. You will be managing a team of Estates Officers, Direct Labour Trades staff and the Estates Helpdesk, for us to deliver both planned and reactive breakdown maintenance services to both freehold and leased properties ensuring the Trust is statutory compliant from a building and engineering perspective, and that buildings are always fit for purpose. You will at times be required to liaise and collaborate with your colleagues in the Estates Forensic Division where the services are contracted out to ensure we are providing consistent services across the Trust estate.Main duties of the job
Managing the maintenance delivery, you will be working closely with the Monitoring Officer and the Helpdesk to provide assurances using the KPI reports (Key Performance Indicators) to show we are achieving the levels of service delivery required for us to maintaining statutory compliance across the estate in all areas of engineering plant and building fabric. Following training you will be expected to accept any roles required by the post of Authorised Person and Responsible Persons.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The Estates and Facilities Directorate Estates Team is currently seeking an experienced professional to accept the role of Estates Engineering and Building Services Manager in our Mental Health and Corporate Services Divisions.
You will be responsible for ensuring your team has the correct levels of training and we are compliant with all Health and Safety legislation. This is reviewed at the Estates Team Management Monthly meeting where you will provide operational updates on Training required, performance updates, back log maintenance required and any pending capital investment required to keep the estate in the expected condition, along with any changes required regarding service delivery and governance position.
As a member of the Senior Team, you will contribute to the strategic leadership, direction, and management of the Directorate, and subsequently the development and execution of an Estates and Facilities Strategy and Plan.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified to Degree/HNC level in an Electrical Engineering/Building Services discipline and/or equivalent experience, plus specialist knowledge acquired through courses and experience to master's level or equivalent.
- Membership of professional body.
- Advanced Health and Safety Qualification.
- Management Qualification
- HV & LV Approved Persons
- Water Systems & Management of Control and prevention of Legionella
- Management of Asbestos
- Experience of managing a contracted out or direct labour estates maintenance service and the management of a team of estates officers.
- Experience in managing attendance, performance and capability issues.
- Experience in managing financial ordering processing associated with Estates management.
- In depth experience of P.P.M systems and planning of work.
- Experience in the control of contractors and permit to work systems.
- Experience of working in an NHS environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety, statutory / legislation guidance and procedures appertaining to Estates building and engineering maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of the requirements within HTM`s, HBN`s, Building Regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Estates services (mechanical, electrical and building) and their delivery
- Knowledge of CAFM systems and how they function in the provision of delivering a planned and reactive maintenance service and the operations of a customer Help Desk provision.
- Understanding of Condition Appraisals
- Knowledge of Business Case development
- Knowledge of competitive tendering and outsourcing services
- Ability to function in a fast moving, complex environment
- Able to analyse complex information
- Ability to cope with pressures, demands and ambiguities whilst striving to achieve results
- Ability to manipulate complex data using software packages e.g. spreadsheets
- Effective verbal communication and report writing skills
- Negotiating and persuasive skills
- Has the physical ability to perform the full range of duties
Values & BehavioursEssential
- Participate in the Estates Officers on-call rota
- A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
- Requirement to work at any of the Trusts sites
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust Values - Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork.
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role.
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Duncan Macmillan House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.