We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced and motivated nurse with a demonstrable interest in working with older people with diverse mental health needs.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact email@example.com
Main duties of the job
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Mental Health Nurse who is committed to working in partnership with clients/carers and a range of other care staff and agencies to provide truly person centred services.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, and a commitment to working flexibly to meet clients needs,
- Ensure that a person centered integrated service is provided to individuals, liaising with other services as required.
- Ensure effective lines of communication and good networking exists, both with EPUT and with other Community and primary Care Services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to further development with the support of the team,
- Have an awareness of current health and social care issues that affect community care, and older people with mental health needs.
- Be expected to take an active role in co-ordinating the promotion of mental and physical health needs of clients with the Older People CMHT.
- Expected to have a commitment to professional development including experience of a varied caseload and clinical supervision.
- Actively participate in providing a variety of learning opportunities for students, and in training initiatives in general.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Darlene.firstname.lastname@example.org
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- o2 years post registration experience in mental Health
- Understanding responsibilities under the Care programme Approach, Mental Capacity Act, Clinical Governance, and Risk Assessment
- oEvidence of the knowledge and skills in the use of information technology to support care and professional development
Skills and experience Essential
- oExperience of ensuring that the values including Care, Compassion, Competence, communication, Courage and Commitment are adhered to daily
- oAbility to work positively in uncertain situations
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.