Are you a caring, engaging and innovative pharmacist? If so, you could be well suited to this role.
We are looking to recruit a highly committed band 8a Lead Pharmacist (Mental Health) to be part of the Trust Medicines Management Team working with our Community Mental Health Teams in Brighton & Hove.
We are ideally looking to recruit a pharmacist with mental health experience and experience of managing a team.
This post is subject to an enhanced check with adults barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Main duties of the job
This post present a great opportunity for an experienced pharmacist motivated by the desire to improve patient care to support the Community Mental Health teams. You will be working with Specialist Pharmacists and Technicians to provide this service.
The role demands an organised, flexible individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work on their own initiative.
The team provides a well-structured support system, access to professional training, and excellent opportunity for professional development.
There is no dispensary commitment with this role.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
We are a friendly and committed pharmacy team, who are keen to support the wellbeing of our patients and each other.
Sussex Partnership is one of the largest mental health trust in the UK. The physical health of our mental health patients is important to us and with the live expectancy of patients with serious mental health dying 15 to 20 years earlier, the trust is committed to reducing this risk and pharmacy play a key role in this.
As a mental health trust Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do.
You can expect:
- Access to full psychological support, the wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision programmes.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Access to a host of discount schemes (including gyms, shopping, restaurants and cars)
- A position within a trust rated as Outstanding for caring and Good overall by the CQC
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays) pro rata
- Excellent NHS Pension Scheme
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification. If you have any queries please feel free to contact to discuss further.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Pharmacy at a British School of Pharmacy, or recognised equivalent
- Clinical Pharmacy post graduate qualification (e.g. certificate or diploma)
- Registered Member of General Pharmaceutical Council.
Knowledge, Training and Experience Essential
- To have demonstrable evidence of having met the full gateway KSF for 7 Specialist Pharmacist
- Experience of working with different healthcare professions and managers across the wider healthcare economy
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the key stakeholders the post is likely to be supporting and how they will be expected to support them.
- Demonstrable expertise in highly relevant field of pharmacy specialism
- Significant experience of working within a hospital pharmacy department post qualification, including experience in mental health service provision
- Experience of working with working age mental health services.
- Excellent clinical pharmacy skills with particular emphasis on medicines used in mental health
- Experience in providing both written and verbal information on drug usage
- Experience in carrying out Medicines Information queries, providing both verbal and written specialist advice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.