To provide specialist clinical pharmacy service in a specific area of clinical and/or operational practice, to support the medicines-related care of patients, support the provision and development of medicines management services and to participate in training, education and research as required.
Main duties of the job
The role will primarily involve provision of Inpatient clinical pharmacy services to the Derwent Centre and St Margarets Hospital. Both of which are Adult Inpatient Mental Health Wards. The role will also require the individual to support the Specialist community forensics team for 1 day a week.
You will be required to make regular visits to these clinical sites engaging with the different teams to improve the safe and secure handling of medicines and patient Safety. As a senior pharmacist on site you will be required to coordinate day to day clinical activities for the local team.
Your duties will also include occasional dispensary shifts in the main trust Pharmacy dispensary in Chelmsford, and may also require occasional travel as required to other areas of the Trust in Essex, so being a driver with access to your own vehicle is an essential requirement.
You will be given excellent support by the senior pharmacists and technicians within the team and will be supported in your continuing education within general and psychiatric pharmacy. You will also have the opportunity to work towards a Postgraduate Certificate/diploma in Clinical Psychiatry. You will participate in weekend and bank holiday rotas, the on-call pharmacist rota, and any early and late working rotas as required.
About us EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Job description Job responsibilities
- To actively contribute to, and participate in, the provision and development of pharmaceutical services within the Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, as part of the Trusts pharmacy team.
- To provide a clinical pharmacy service (0.2 FTE) to the Specialist Community Forensics Team
- To participate as an active member of specific wards / unit / clinical teams, and support the safe and effective use of medicines.
- To contribute to the organisation and management of the clinical pharmacy service to specific wards / units / clinical teams.
- To provide clinical pharmacy advice on the management of patients with mental illness in order to maximize benefit and minimize risk in relation to medicines
- To support and participate in clinical audit.
Person Specification Education & Qualification Essential
- oMasters Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent acceptable for registration by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- oCurrent and continued registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a practicing member
- oPostgraduate Certificate or Diploma in relevant area of pharmacy practice, or equivalent experience of at least two years post registration. Willing to work towards a postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in psychiatric pharmacy practice
- oCertificate in Management studies or equivalent experience
- oRelevant post-registration clinical pharmacy experience including Mental Health involvement
- oExperience of working as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- oExperience of clinical audit
- oExperience of managing staff
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oConfident and assertive when dealing with other professionals
- oExcellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills including effective written and verbal communication skills
- oEvience of Continuing Professional Development
- oProficient IT skills, e.g. ability to use Microsoft Office applications, internet etc.
- oBroad technical, clinical and pharmaceutical knowledge relating to the promotion of high quality, effective and cost efficient use of medicines
- oTutoring and training skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.