A brand new opportunity has arisen for an experience registered Healthcare professional with a passion for education to work within the physical healthcare service at Rampton Hospital.
Post holders will bring a range of Physical Healthcare clinical skills and experiences, alongside expert educational knowledge, and expertise to support the service and wider hospital to deliver high quality care.
You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to deliver robust educational interventions within a challenging environment. You will be part of the wider physical healthcare team composing of Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Primary Healthcare Nurses and Nursing associates, Clinical Support Workers and GP's.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be a highly visible member of the Physical Healthcare nursing leadership team working directly with teams in caring for patients. A large proportion of the post holder's time will be spent working directly in the clinical area working alongside clinical teams challenging practices and offering solutions to develop our staff to ensure continuous improvement for our staff and ultimately Physical Healthcare Services. As a skilled and experienced practitioner with a strong clinical and leadership background, the post holder will support practice to drive change and embed a culture of continuous learning and improvement for all the staff within the clinical area.About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Clinical education is core to high quality, safe healthcare. Well-educated, confident and competent staff are more productive, happier, and more likely to stay in roles that they feel invested in. Nationally there are many competencies framework which guide the knowledge, skills and values that staff need to deliver high quality care.
It is well documented that patient with SMI face bigger health inequalities than those without, with higher numbers of long-term conditions, higher burden of physical healthcare issues and shorter life expectancy.
To meet this burden of physical ill health staff must have the skills for recognition and response to illness and promote wellness.
The role will be core in co-ordinating the resource needed to design a robust educational offering for both the physical healthcare service staff and wider hospital clinicians with ten main work streams:
- National competency framework for physical healthcare skills management- Urgent Care nursing competency management- RCGP Practice nurse competency management- HEE advanced clinical practice national competency framework- Registered Nursing associate clinical competency- Medical devices training, education and competency- Clinical skills sessions- Physical Healthcare Link Nurses- Service quality, including policy and procedures, incident investigations, QI projects- Research and auditPerson SpecificationQualifications - Academic / Craft / ProfessionalEssential
- Professional Qualification
- Current NMC/ HCPC registration.
- Educated to master's level or equivalent
- ENB 998 or equivalent education qualification, plus experience of teaching and developing staff
- Postgraduate Certificate in Interprofessional Practice Education (or working towards)
- Ability to influence practice and implement change
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and management skills through experience and/or post graduate clinical continuous professional development.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of strong commitment to team and partnership working.
- An understanding and awareness of Clinical Governance issues.
- Evidence of involvement in research and audit
- Ability to respond to confliction deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of current professional issues and relevant local and national policy priorities.
- Ability to develop and present teaching packages and read and analyse IT-generated reports
- A good understanding of the health and social care environment and role and responsibilities within it
- Able to work unsupervised
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management and/or health information systems development
- Non-medical prescriber
- Willingness to undertake Practice teacher (or professionally equivalency) qualification at master's level and education and training that will enhance service delivery
- Ability to develop and facilitate competency-based training programmes
- Demonstrate satisfactory clinical expertise for the banding
- Ability to manage conflict and negotiate resolution.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and management skills through experience and/or post graduate clinical continuous professional development
- Experience of managing a budget
- Experience of working with patient with severe mental illness.
- Knowledge of education of others and identification of training requirements
- Demonstrate a high level of clinical competency in all areas pertinent to job role
- Significant clinical experience working within Primary or urgent/ unplanned care
- Knowledge of local and national policy
- Knowledge of professional issues and standards
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills and qualities
- Excellent organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work as an effective team member
- Excellent communication and clinical reasoning skills
- To be flexible, forward thinking and committed to practice development.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.