We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Highly Specialist Dietitian with an interest or experience of working in eating disorders. We would also consider a Specialist Dietitian (Band 6) who would be interested in a developmental role to a Band 7 Highly Specialist role.The team works out of Truro but covers the whole of Cornwall. The Adult Eating Disorders Service is an established multidisciplinary team which provides a service to people presenting with Eating Disorders, which is about to expand. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced dietitian to be part of this developing service.The successful candidate will hold a caseload of patients with eating disorders, deliver dietetic assessments and therapeutic interventions to the patient group and supervise other dietitians in the team. The post holder would work as an integrated member of the multidisciplinary team, and would support the functions of the wider team, such as covering duty desk in addition to their dietetic role. The post holder will need to be prepared to travel to deliver treatment, as well as offering appointments using digital platforms.The post holder would be supervising Band 6 and Band 5 Dietitians working in the Eating Disorders Service, working closely with the Band 7 Children and Young People Eating Disorder Service Dietitian and be joining a small but dynamic team of dietitians working in mental health in Cornwall.
Main duties of the job
To work as a fully integrated member of the multi-disciplinary Adult Eating Disorders Service (community).To work as a specialist autonomous practitioner providing dietetic support and advice to patients and Health Professionals in the specialist area of Eating Disorders Dietetic Service. To lead a small dietetic team in this service To lead and contribute to policy development on matters relating to service development for the Eating Disorders Dietetic ServiceTo develop appropriate resources within this specialist area of dietetic practice. To help to establish Research and Development and a robust Audit review of service within this specialist area of dietetics.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications and Relevant Experience Essential
- Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or equivalent leading to registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Post graduate qualification at masters level (or awaiting confirmation of their final grade) or relevant equivalent experience gained through substantial advanced clinical practice
- A teaching qualification or significant experience of teaching groups.
- A wide range of post registration dietetic experience including significant experience of delivering dietetic services for people with eating disorders.
- Experience in leading all or part of a service.
- Counselling skills or advanced communication skills course e.g. CBT
- Experience of managing a service
Skills and Aptitude Essential
- An ability to work effectively within teams
- An ability to evaluate and report on complex data
- An ability to demonstrate best dietetic practice for a range of conditions
Personal Qualities Essential
- An ability to manage time effectively
- An ability to be flexible
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.