Are you a final year Physiotherapy student or a qualified Physiotherapist who is looking for the next opportunity working as a Rotational Physiotherapist in Dorset?
Do you have excellent communication skills, a professional and flexible approach and a strong skill base to provide high quality care for our patients?
We are looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic and forward thinking Band 5 Physiotherapists to join the rotational schemes across Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust and University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week. Weekend/ Bank Holiday working and On call working will be required.
Our rotational posts include a wide variety of specialties including:
- Acute Respiratory (Medical, Surgical & Critical Care (DCH)
- Orthopaedics (trauma & elective) (DCH)
- Acute Stroke (DCH)
- Stroke Rehabilitation (DCH – based at Yeatman Hospital)
- Older People’s Wards (DCH)
- Front of House (Emergency Department and Adult Assessment Units) (DCH)
- Musculoskeletal Outpatients (including hydrotherapy) (DCH – based at Weymouth Community Hospital and Charlton Down sites)
- Acute Oncology (DCH) in development
- Weymouth & Portland Integrated Community Rehabilitation (DHC)
- Dorchester Integrated Community Rehabilitation (DHC)
- Blandford Integrated Community Rehabilitation (DHC) in development
As a Rotational Band 5 we can offer you:
- A one-year post graduation Preceptorship Programme
- A wide range of experience in rotations available across Acute hospital sites, and into the community through our collaborative partnerships and Discharge to Assess pathways.
- Profession specific training
- Continuing Professional Development and Training opportunities
- The opportunity to learn from highly skilled therapists within collaborative therapy teams
- Supportive, friendly therapy teams
- Peer support from existing Band 5s
- Clinical supervision
- Values based Appraisal
- An opportunity to help shape services
A full driving license and access to a car is essential. Working patterns will vary dependent on rotation, some including 7 day working, shifts and inclusion on the Emergency Physiotherapy On-call Rota.
West Dorset isn’t just a great place to work; it’s also a great place to live. The area has some beautiful beaches along the Jurassic Coast, as well as being renowned for its areas of outstanding natural beauty, ideal for sports and outdoor Activities.
If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of up to £10,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email email@example.com.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Katie Whitlock, ICRT Lead Weymouth and Portland
Email address: Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01305 362022
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.