Bedfordshire Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) CAMHS Mental Health Nurse Bedfordshire CAMHS Crisis Home Treatment Team Band 7 37.5 hours per week - permanent
Due to the on-going success with the expansion of the Bedfordshire CAMHS Crisis pathway we continue to rapidly develop the home treatment model as an integral part of the pathway.
The Bedfordshire CAMHS Crisis Home Treatment Team are a multi-disciplinary team, who work with partnership agencies to provide a high quality service to children and their families presenting in mental health crisis. The team provides rapid assessment and short term evidence-based crisis and when necessary intensive interventions for children and young people aged up to 18. Weare lookingfor a dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced mental health nurse to join our friendly and professional team. The post-holder will require a high degree of professional autonomy, self-management and drive with the ability to work well in a team and within the multi-agency environment.
Main duties of the job
Are you intuitive, hardworking, calm in a crisis and able to build solid relationships with children and families? Do you take a person centred approach to care, have a good understanding of assessing and managing risk and experience of co-ordinating care alongside other agencies? Do you want to work within a strong and experienced team that holds staff wellbeing very high in its agenda? If your answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you.
If you are lookingtodevelop your mental health nursing and therapeutic skills and knowledge within a supportive and exciting environment and an award winning team, this is the role for you. Please see attached for QR code and link to hear current team member views on working in the team. Though previous CAMHS experience is desirable, we are very happy to consider applications from candidates able to demonstrate experience in working with younger adults in crisis settings and who exhibit transferable skills, evidencing the ability to engage therapeutically with young people experiencing mental health crisis.
If you want the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people, are passionate about delivering high quality care and are committed to personal and professional development, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like more information about this opportunity, or to arrange an informal visit please contact Matt Sparks, Clinical Team Lead, Lisa Collings, Professional Lead or Dr Sobia Naz, Consultant Psychiatrist on 01234 893337.
Job description Job responsibilities
Our clinically-led service is strongly committed to continuously improving the experience and quality of care we offer our families. The successful candidate will receive a robust induction program, have clear career progression development and have regular clinical and management supervision.
The Senior Management Team within Beds CAMHS is committed to staff development: there are regular opportunities for staff to apply for appropriate training courses and to get involved in quality improvement initiatives and new developments in the service, some associated with a higher banding during the time of the project. We also have a significant number of positions in the trust for clinicians up to band 8D, opening up paths for promotion for ambitious members of staff. The East London NHS Trust prioritizes staff wellbeing and we are introducing a range of staff wellbeing initiatives to support this.
This post is based in Bedford, Bedfordshire, close to the M1 and easily reached by rail and car from North London, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire. The clinic also has the added benefit of free parking and all clinicians are supported by very dedicated and efficient administrative staff. Whilst some of the work is based in the clinic, access to a car is essential as some travel will be required to respond to presentations at Bedford General Hospital and to undertake outreach support at home or other CAMHS/ multi-agency sites.
Person Specification Education/Qualification/Training Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse (Part 3/8/13 of the UKCC Register)
- oMentorship or equivalent teaching qualification/experience
- oCBT training
- oMaster's Degree or working towards postgraduate qualification in related CAMHS or specific treatment modality.
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- oExperience of working in community CAMHS and working with a multi-agency network
- oExperience of working in a crisis setting
- oExperience of managing and supervising junior staff
- oExperience of service development
- oExperience of working in a multi-disciplinary setting
- oExperience of working in a culturally diverse area.
- oExperience of working in or liaising closely with multi agency teams working with adolescents e.g. Youth Services, YOT etc.
- oExperience of working with vulnerable young people who present with high risk behaviours
- oKnowledge of potential barriers and resources within a multi-agency setting that affect mental health and are relevant to children, young people and their families
- oKnowledge of Systemic work/ impact on child/adolescent mental health
- oExperience of using CBT
- oSpecialty CAMHS experience (e.g. YOT/Eating Disorders/ Adolescent Inpatient ward/ work in substance abuse)
- oEvidence of well-developed clinical skills and knowledge in young people's mental health, including mental health risk assessments and therapeutic interventions
- oAble to assess, hypothesize and prescribe nursing interventions
- oAdvanced skills in particular therapeutic approaches
- oProven ability to work with children and young people in distress or through psychiatric emergency
- oExperience of working sensitively with distressing material that may have serious implications to young people and their families.
- oAble to work effectively in a multi-agency team
- oA high degree of self-awareness and an ability to reflect on personal and professional attitudes and accept feedback
- oEstablishing and running groups.
- oTraining to others
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.