Are you passionate about working with people experiencing psychosis?
We are looking for an enthusiastic psychological therapist to join one of our locality community treatment teams in Croydon. The postholder will provide direct and indirect support for individuals experiencing psychosis and their families.
The postholder will join the Croydon community psychosis psychological therapy pathway and will be supported with their development needs. As a pathway we are currently developing skills in EMDR and piloting the offer of Open Dialogue informed network meetings. If these are approaches you are interested in or already have experience with, we would be keen for you to join us. You will be supported to initiate your own area of service development or group approach within the team/pathway.
We welcome applications from people looking for part-time or job-share opportunities, as well as applications from those who are more recently qualified but have relevant prior psychosis experience.
Main duties of the job
The postholder will provide evidence-based assessment, formulation and interventions for individuals and families experiencing psychosis within the locality treatment team.
They will work as part of the MDT and provide indirect support and consultation for colleagues.
The postholder will provide supervision for psychological therapists, as needed, e.g. Clinical Associate Psychologists, and would be encouraged to provide trainee clinical psychology placements.
The role will involve providing a case formulation forum and training for members of the MDT.
Croydon is a diverse borough and the postholder will work to engage with the local community and take their needs into consideration to provide an accessible service.
To promote the need for psychological approaches for psychosis within the team.
About us Benefits
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease,our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation,our staff benefits fromkeyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide a highly specialist psychology service to service-users and their families experiencing psychosis including specialist assessment, treatment, planning, implementation and monitoring of outcomes.
- To contribute to enabling other staff, service users and carers from diverse backgrounds to flourish by working to create a psychologically safe environment.
- To provide clinical supervision and consultation as appropriate, functioning as a lead specialist in psychological interventions in psychosis.
- To undertake service evaluation, audit and research.
- To work as an autonomous professional within BPS and HCPC guidelines and codes of conduct, and guided by principles and policies or procedures of the service, taking responsibility for interpreting policies within defined parameters.
- To agree outcomes/results with clinical/professional lead and to decide how they are best achieved.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Entry-level qualification in Applied Psychology (professional Doctorate, or combination of MSc plus PG Diploma level additional training) that has been accepted by the HCPC for purposes of professional registration. (A/I)
- Additional training in a specialised area of psychological practice (e.g. CBTp) through formal post-qualification training (PG Diploma or equivalent), OR a combination of specialist short courses, or an evidenced portfolio of supervised practice-based learning in a specialist area of clinical practice, assessed by an experienced clinical supervisor to be of equal level to a Postgraduate Diploma.
- Completed training course in clinical supervision.
- Registered with the HCPC as Practitioner Psychologist, and evidence of continuing professional development as required by the HCPC
- oFamily Intervention Training e.g. Meridan BFT, FIp, Systemic family therapy or Open Dialogue
- Experience of working with psychosis in a community setting
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients with a range of psychological needs of a complex nature in psychosis services
- Experience of supervising assistant and trainee psychologists having completed the relevant training
- Post-qualification experience that supports working with, and addressing issues of, diversity within local communities
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological assessments and interventions for people with psychosis and their families
- oKnowledge of factors affecting acceptability and accessibility of mental health care.
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, contributing to effective team functioning and holding team roles.
- Skills in providing teaching and training to other professional groups
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.