An opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Practitioner (Mental Health) within our dynamic Acute Referral Centre to triage patients to receive the right care at the right time and assist with bed management
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as an experienced mental health professional (Nurse, OT or Social Worker) who acting within their own professional boundaries will take referrals over the telephone and triage for admission, home treatment as an alternative to admission or advise referrers of other care pathways if clinically more appropriate.
The Acute Referral Centre provides 24hr, 7 day a week, telephone triage into the Acute care Pathway (inpatient admission/HTT) and the Advanced practitioner will actively participate in triage and support rotating band 6 HTT staff to triage appropriately, and ensure that Gatekeeping functions are met.
If you are dynamic, hardworking and work well as part of a team player with the ability to prioritise, teach, support and develop others we welcome your application. Please apply via the link below; applications will close at Midnight on 15th June 2022
The Acute referral Centre (ARC) is a dynamic and fast paced office based environment leading on adult mental health bed management. We deal with all referrals into the Acute Care Pathway (inpatient/HTT) and also incorporate the Crisis Assessment Team, (supporting police/LAS to divert A&E/Sec 136) and 24hr Crisis Support Line.
Regular clinical supervision and career development opportunities are available with the current position becoming available following the internal promotion of ARC staff
Job description Job responsibilities
See JD and person spec
- telephone triage of all referrals into acute care pathway and use clinical knowledge and experience to offer more appropriate alternatives where necessary
- face to face assessment for HTT for patients at POS
- supervise and support band 6 staff rotating into service
- telephone advice and support to police/las when on scene with SLAM clients and may be required to attend to complete face to face assessment
- deputise for CSL including bed management meetings, surge calls
- deal with escalation calls internally and externally and escalate to CSL as required'
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Recognised Professional Qualification (RMN), (Dip SW/CQSW) or OT
- Recognised leadership qualification or equivalent experience
- BSc or equivalent experience
- Proven leadership skills through experience of leading a team
- Mentorship and Supervision
- Clinical examination skills
- Mental state examination skills
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- IT skills (Inc. teams, email and office packages)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience and knowledge of quality, standard setting and audit
- Experience in managing complaints and quality assurance
- HTT or Psychiatric Liaison Experience
- Educated to or studying at Master's degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to effectively manage change
- Post registration qualification in specialty
- Advanced clinical practice skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.