Allen Ward is an 20 bedded female acute ward. We provide care and treatment for up to 20 patients, experiencing a variety of mental health problems .
You will have an opportunity to work with supportive teams and committed colleagues. What we need from you!
- A qualified RMN with passion and drive for developing your clinical skills in a changeable environment
- A keen interest in new and upcoming technologies within Nursing and Healthcare
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as showing initiative and promoting new ideas on how to improve the service
- Be compassionate, caring and creative with excellent communication skills
- A flexible and positive attitude with a willingness to accommodate our 24/7 service
We are open to accepting application from newly qualified nursing staff.
As a Mental Health Nurse, you’ll be responsible for the co-ordination and management of the ward for a span of duty, as well as being responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients and carers. In addition, you’ll develop effective risk management plans, and timely review of the risk management plan identifying opportunities for positive risk taking in conjunction with the client, carers/significant others and the ward team.
You must have excellent communication skills, be reliable, punctual and work well in a team, whilst being adaptable to changing situations. You will need to be able to work calmly and efficiently within a busy and intensive environment dealing with unpredictable situations whilst remaining focused on providing a person-centred and recovery approach to care and treatment.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Kayleigh baker
Job title: Deputy Ward Manager
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.