An exciting opportunity has arisen within the West Yorkshire Adult Eating Disorder Service. We are looking for aBand 7 Clinical/Counselling Psychologist,CBT Therapist or Psychotherapist with an interest in working with people with eating disorders who will be responsible for the delivery of therapies within the CONNECT community team, covering West Yorkshire. This would be an ideal opportunity for someonewith relevant experience or who isnewly qualified. The role will be fully supported by the Lead Clinical Psychologist for the service.
The role has an emphasis on carrying out assessments and offering individual and group psychological therapy toservice users.There are various exciting projects within the team, and you will be encouraged to contribute to areas of interest that are in line with service development priorities.The role will offer opportunities for training and you will be supported to develop within the role.You will have the chance to developyourleadership skills in terms of providing supervision, consultation and facilitating formulation sessions for the multi-disciplinary team (MDT), and ensuring psychological perspectives are held in team discussions and activities. We welcome enquiries, informal visits.
Main duties of the job
Youshould have aspecialist level of skill and knowledge inCBT and/orother psychological therapies, and ideally be familiarwithmodelsrecommended for use with people with eatingdisorders.
Youshouldbe abledemonstrate the ability to be flexible and adaptable inyourapproach as well as being innovative, dynamic and enthusiastic in workingcollaborativelywith askilled and experiencedMDT.
Independent travel across the West Yorkshire area will be essential
We are a high quality, high performing NHS foundation trust. We are the main provider of specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York as well as some highly specialised services across the country.We employ around 3,000 staff and every year we have contact with over 25,000 service users. Our vision is to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice. Our ambition is to support our service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives. We need people like you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health. We perform well againstlocal and national targetsand inour most recent CQC inspection, 85% of our services were rated good or outstanding.As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide specialist psychological input into CONNECT West Yorkshire Adult Eating Disorder Service.
- To work autonomously and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- To provide highly quality psychological assessment, formulation and therapy across the range/ severity of clinical presentations.
- To offer advice on service users psychological care to colleagues and other relevant agencies, working within professional guidelines and of the role
- To utilise research skills for audit, service evaluation and research within the service area.
- To provide a key role in psychological aspects of service development in service areas of primary responsibility.
- The post holder will communicate with numerous internal and external individuals, teams and services. The type of communication will include highly sensitive, confidential, complex and technical information.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional Qualification
- Regulatory Body Registration
- Good communication skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.